Past #27: Will Walker - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/4 NM goals - go well Walks

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't say it wasn't but my comment is true. How many other Victorian state schools play rugby (against the AGS and APS schools) and have a rowing team?

Yep, all true.

But the students, especially now, are largely non white first generation migrant kids.

Yep, all true.

But the students, especially now, are largely non white first generation migrant kids.

For sure. I remember George Megalogenis, who is an old boy, saying that in his day the Italian and Greek kids were overrepresented. It is often the behaviour of new groups of immigrants to really drive their kids towards an intense focus on education.

For sure. I remember George Megalogenis, who is an old boy, saying that in his day the Italian and Greek kids were overrepresented. It is often the behaviour of new groups of immigrants to really drive their kids towards an intense focus on education.

When I was there was the same - huge numbers of Viet kids.

There’s still a chance. He has speed, endurance and game sense. When I watched him at Marvel stadium a couple of weeks ago (yeah we got smashed again by over 100 points) despite him kicking I think three behinds he was one of our most impressive players.

Just needs to clean up his ball use like so many of our players. Hopefully he gets a chance in the second half of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A state school that you need to pass an aptitude test to get in. Technically it is a state school however is not populated by zones, but testing.

Surely it has succumbed to the victimology mantra by now?

As for Will, my default position is that the train has left him at the platform. I hope it turns around.

Last edited:
A state school that you need to pass an aptitude test to get in. Technically it is a state school however is not populated by zones, but testing.

There's a couple more now too.

He should buy two sets of new runners and hit the track hard for a month. His only chance of a successful return is to get back to the running machine that North drafted. He was far from that in the recent VFL match I saw. I know his injuries have curtailed that part of his game. A broken thumb gives him the time out to see if it still there.

He should buy two sets of new runners and hit the track hard for a month. His only chance of a successful return is to get back to the running machine that North drafted. He was far from that in the recent VFL match I saw. I know his injuries have curtailed that part of his game. A broken thumb gives him the time out to see if it still there.
Fingers crossed that's what he uses the time for and it works. My worry is that his top end speed is significantly lowered. It looked/sounded like he was still churning over the km's, but I didn't see much in the way of high speed runs from him.

Will Walker’s return to the field looks to have been delayed, with the number 27 suffering a calf knock, having recovered from a thumb issue.

Walker suffered the thumb injury during North’s Round 3 VFL clash with Southport, but has recovered from surgery well.

Rawlings says while it looks to be a bad corky for the versatile forward, there doesn’t look to be too much cause for concern long-term.

“Unfortunately, Will copped a significant corky in his calf in Saturday’s non-selected training session,” he added.

“There was a lot of bleeding and he could hardly put any weight on it for the rest of that day and leading into Sunday as well.

“We just need to wait and see how it pulls up in the coming days.”

He just can not catch a break.

He just can not catch a break.
Yep it would be a miracle if he slips the noose.

He was under notice at the beginning of the year and seemingly even further from that now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back