Banter 27th November 2019, the day the Dow family celebrated knowing at least 1 of their sons would be playing for a successful club with great culture.

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
In my opinion there is less and less chance as each minute passes that fans will be able to attend next week. That is if the game goes ahead at all. ******* crazy times.
with the torrent of stupidity and hysteria hitting full bore here now with the F1 etc, it seems a likely outcome... hopefully we can be realistic and take advice from health experts before calling it off.

Realistically, the risk of getting infected in a full stadium is just as high as any other public place of more than 1 individual. It would be prudent for those at other health risk to avoid such things on an individual case-by-case basis, but the rest of us who are healthy should be able to choose to take the risk of getting infected by going to a public event like an AFL match.

with the torrent of stupidity and hysteria hitting full bore here now with the F1 etc, it seems a likely outcome... hopefully we can be realistic and take advice from health experts before calling it off.

Realistically, the risk of getting infected in a full stadium is just as high as any other public place of more than 1 individual. It would be prudent for those at other health risk to avoid such things on an individual case-by-case basis, but the rest of us who are healthy should be able to choose to take the risk of getting infected by going to a public event like an AFL match.

I understand but that isn't the point. Fine if you are healthy but the more that are infected (healthy or not healthy) the more chance of others getting infected. I understand the anger but also fully understand the ramifications if this explodes. I doubt the AFL will take the risk but I could be wrong.

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
I understand but that isn't the point. Fine if you are healthy but the more that are infected (healthy or not healthy) the more chance of others getting infected. I understand the anger but also fully understand the ramifications if this explodes. I doubt the AFL will take the risk but I could be wrong.
Of course it's about the people who "may" get infected, but it's easy for individuals to self-quarantine once they have potential symptoms of a virus, or if you go to known public places a lot, ensure your contact pre-hand-washing is minimal with people you may also contact elsewhere who could even potentially be at risk. As long as the people who know they are at risk are taking the most precautions, you'll have a fairly unaffected society, even if the general healthy population has a reasonably large number of confirmed cases.

Of course it's about the people who "may" get infected, but it's easy for individuals to self-quarantine once they have potential symptoms of a virus, or if you go to known public places a lot, ensure your contact pre-hand-washing is minimal with people you may also contact elsewhere who could even potentially be at risk. As long as the people who know they are at risk are taking the most precautions, you'll have a fairly unaffected society, even if the general healthy population has a reasonably large number of confirmed cases.

Yeah. I have never experienced anything like this in my lifetime. More questions than answers right now. I hope you guys get to go along and enjoy the unfurling of the flag but time will tell.

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Wow danger signs everywhere for the Tigers now.

Round one, empty stadium. Talk about a home.ground advantage for us.

#itshappening
It's our home game so we have charge of the PA. Club has audio samples such as "BAAAAALLLLLL!" it will play when we lay a tackle, roars when we score, and crickets for you guys.

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
At least we don’t have to sit through another match of “Gee, Blues have come out firing” followed by “Richmond ran over the top of yet another team”

I actually enjoy watching Richmond play. The knock ons, the running in waves, love it, exciting footy. As a Carlton supporter I should despise Richmond but I don’t. I don’t hate any football team. What kind of mouth breathing individual “hates” another footy club? Pretty sad actually.

Just like the Blues when they are up and about, the Tigers, Pies and Bombers have fiercely loyal fan bases and their collective roar at the ground really adds to the spectacle.

I hope they don’t play without crowds.

It's our home game so we have charge of the PA. Club has audio samples such as "BAAAAALLLLLL!" it will play when we lay a tackle, roars when we score, and crickets for you guys.

So pretty much a normal round one even with a crowd.

I just hope they play audio of booing at halftime for the umpires.

At least we don’t have to sit through another match of “Gee, Blues have come out firing” followed by “Richmond ran over the top of yet another team”

I actually enjoy watching Richmond play. The knock ons, the running in waves, love it, exciting footy. As a Carlton supporter I should despise Richmond but I don’t. I don’t hate any football team. What kind of mouth breathing individual “hates” another footy club? Pretty sad actually.

Just like the Blues when they are up and about, the Tigers, Pies and Bombers have fiercely loyal fan bases and their collective roar at the ground really adds to the spectacle.

I hope they don’t play without crowds.

At least when I do my usual leave at 3 quarter time I won't have to deal with traffic getting home.

TJASTA

❄︎□︎⌧︎♓︎♍︎ 👌︎◆︎●︎●︎⍓︎
Sep 3, 2016
Jack Graham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Furies

muzhogg

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club