Senior 28. David Cuningham

Remove this Banner Ad

David Cuningham is set to play his first competitive match in the Navy Jumper and at AFL level in Week 2 of the NAB Challenge series against * this Sunday at Ikon Park.

CuninghamFeb22Training.jpg

They were getting the shots in their stomachs. Hopefully we can give them a kick in the guts on Sunday!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Cuningham made his debut is Carlton colours in NAB Challenge week 2 against Essendon at Ikon Park.

He had a very quiet game and was subbed out at half time.

He has not been selected for NAB Challenge week 4. This is a strong indictor that he will start the season playing for Northern Blues

Think he has further to go than many on here, suspect he might be a star on the track and more an athlete than a natural footballer. Hopefully he can translate these attributes to games. Certainly looks a fine specimen and has athletic testing results to back it up but modest numbers in the U18s and a possessionless half against Essendon make him no certainty. Might be more of a project than people realise.

Think he has further to go than many on here, suspect he might be a star on the track and more an athlete than a natural footballer. Hopefully he can translate these attributes to games. Certainly looks a fine specimen and has athletic testing results to back it up but modest numbers in the U18s and a possessionless half against Essendon make him no certainty. Might be more of a project than people realise.
This kid is a natural footballer however he was overwhelmed in the first nab, he is an outside mid who can win his own ball, with confidence he will be a very classy mid. I don't think he was the only one to struggle in his first hit out, with Cripps murph gibbs dishing out to him I think you'll like what you see.

I think you need to relax a bit, it was his first game where we were playing a largely inexperience team. With better players around im sure he would have played better. I still believe he will see gametime this year. Also lets not forget Simmo didnt have a possession in what his first 1 or 2 games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you need to relax a bit, it was his first game where we were playing a largely inexperience team. With better players around im sure he would have played better. I still believe he will see gametime this year. Also lets not forget Simmo didnt have a possession in what his first 1 or 2 games?

Happy to wait and see, still not a very high possession player in the TAC Cup, in fact fairly low. Looks a neat player with good athleticism. This is where I don't get my hopes up. By no way writing off.

First 3 games no possessions & a total of 12 possessions in his first 6 games.

Cuningham has resumed in the centre upon his return after missing three weeks through injury.

Unfortunately for now though, he just can't seem to get his hands on the ball.
That was one of the knocks on him before being drafted and it seems that Bolton has plans for him and will persist with them.
Cuningham does look classy with ball in hand, but will have to clock his possessions to 20 a game as against the 10 odd he's getting right now.

Really like his general movement and intent but he won't be playing much (if any) AFL football this year, as much as I thought may have been the case.

That was what worried me watching some of his u18 work. Just cant impose himself enough and win his own ball all that often. A friend of Jacks..I hope this didn't influence the decision.
Of all the 2016 draftees (exluding rookies) he seems the most likely to be a bust...and for a high price too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That was what worried me watching some of his u18 work. Just cant impose himself enough and win his own ball all that often. A friend of Jacks..I hope this didn't influence the decision.
Of all the 2016 draftees (exluding rookies) he seems the most likely to be a bust...and for a high price too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Far too early.

Cuningham has resumed in the centre upon his return after missing three weeks through injury.

Unfortunately for now though, he just can't seem to get his hands on the ball.
That was one of the knocks on him before being drafted and it seems that Bolton has plans for him and will persist with them.
Cuningham does look classy with ball in hand, but will have to clock his possessions to 20 a game as against the 10 odd he's getting right now.

Really like his general movement and intent but he won't be playing much (if any) AFL football this year, as much as I thought may have been the case.
Was showing a bit of that before injury. I suspect confidence is the key issue for him in this regard.

Will know at the end of next year if he'll make it, always a worry if a player can't get the ball. Being a good build, good athlete and good user of the ball is a start but needs to tidy up the main part.

Thought he tackled well at times. Turned out he laid 8 himself. Impressed.

Provided a link up option on a few occasions and made the right decisions when he had the ball.

Only had it 7 times though, but 3 score involvements and 86% efficiency.

Football IQ is pretty strong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back