Senior 28. David Cuningham

Remove this Banner Ad

Has wonderful footwork and side step particularly in and through traffic can wrong foot players, shows he has footy smarts, strong through the hips shaking off tacklers. Also starting to use the fend off which shows his confidence is growing, he's starting to believe in himself with what he knows he can do. Unfortunately because of injury setbacks his missed some development not being able to get games under his belt exactly like Harry and Willo, i think we're going to see him light up some games kicking some ripper goals through exciting powerful passages of play...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

q4wtwq5f1q101.jpg

I wonder if the nerds on the Star Wars forums have put $2 in the jar if they type Annakin...

Even Walsh has a way to go. He won’t be near his best for 3-4 years.

What our young players are doing already is impressive

My opinion hasn’t changed. It’s the most talented young List I have ever seen 1557974174536.png

Take off your sunglasses, Soapy! ;)

Just to add onto everything that's already been said, he's got the second highest average tackles per game for us with 5 per game... As a forward half player.

IMO our biggest weakness is/was a lack of speed, clean skills, goal nous and pressure in the fwd half.

Davey brings all four.

Exactly what the Doch ordered.

I love that he can run the ball to 55 and kick a goal, I can't think of anyone else in the team who can do it. Something that's sorely missed at times if he's not around.
sps butchered a gimme on the weekend..........

he has to nail those, bloke with his foot skills........

He puts himself in position to influence the score board a few times each game - I'd say he is a 30% chance type to convert at this stage - not even 50/50. best kick is McGovern then Cuningham then Harry then daylight. The set shots from 30 meters are the equivalent of a 2 foot put - lots of good ball strikers from tee to green but consistent reliable putters are rare - requires a certain type of courage/mental wiring.

Last weeks game was a showcase of what may be possible with Cuningham.
We saw it through the pre-season, but it's the big stage that either makes you or breaks you.

That gentle side-step at full speed is a thing of beauty.
Cripps was clearly our best player last week, but watching Cuningham had me more excited.

The more players we have that can spook opponents the better a team, we'll be.

If Cuningham hasn't started spooking opponents just yet, it may not be too far off. Has all the tools to do so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back