Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

'Hayden is ******* putrid'
'Mahoney is a sh*t ******* campaigner'

Thats just what I remember. You are your happiest when we are losing
TPA has always struck me as being very passionate(ly blunt) during the games, but usually a lot more measured afterwards. Easy sins to forgive IMO, I think most of us give leeway for going off the chain a little in the gameday threads.

Hayden was solid after his first blunder (didnt watch half of the last q). Kyron shelled up in a tackle.. lift your arms up son! FFS, take the hit and get the hands out..

And Mahony was quite solid today. He won hard balls that resulted in scores. He used exquisite foot skills (blindly using the outside of the boot to hit a target). Was far from our worst. Up until the last. It wasnt a bad effort. Many things to work on as a team.

many people pick on Mahony, maybe because he’s small? Maybe because he looks 30 so people forget he’s 19 and 4 months. These are not the kids you go after. You go after ATLEY AND TURNER AND HALL .. now hall had a good stats game, however he *in butchered it many times at costly points of the game, so did Atley. THIS IS WHAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Campbell, the list is endless. CAMPBELL is 110kg’s easy and is thrown off the ball like he’s 60kg’s.Its embarrassing.

get your heads out of your arses. The issues arent the under 22’s.. its everyone else FFS.

TPA has always struck me as being very passionate(ly blunt) during the games, but usually a lot more measured afterwards. Easy sins to forgive IMO, I think most of us give leeway for going off the chain a little in the gameday threads.
Probably a bit of white line fever from a long suffering fan, i get that. But these blokes don the stripes each week and the same handful proceed to call them campaigners. I dont like it.

Patently incorrect.

I’m at my happiest when the blokes on the field execute to a high enough standard to win games of football.

this bloke at least has mongrel- can tell why the players voted him into the leadership group
Turner was tagging... he got hurt in a contest, won a free and what did he do with the ball? He didnt get someone to run by for the hands? No, he turned it over and cost us the game. Heads dropped after that. That was the final nail for me. If you arent well enough to kick it. Put the ball on the ground and ask to go off the field. *in spud.. we have a big ol sack of spuds at the club

Turner was tagging... he got hurt in a contest, won a free and what did he do with the ball? He didnt get someone to run by for the hands? No, he turned it over and cost us the game. Heads dropped after that. That was the final nail for me. If you arent well enough to kick it. Put the ball on the ground and ask to go off the field. fu**in spud.. we have a big ol sack of spuds at the club
Moments like that are when leaders deliver. Instead, like he ALWAYS does when placed in potential scoring situation, he tries to brush the responsibility off to someone else with a shitty little 12 meter chip that he can’t even execute properly. We are carrying more deadweight than Phar Lap at the 1931 Melbourne Cup with this bloke running around for us. Costs us dearly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moments like that are when leaders deliver. Instead, like he ALWAYS does when placed in potential scoring situation, he tries to brush the responsibility off to someone else with a shitty little 12 meter chip that he can’t even execute properly. We are carrying more deadweight than Phar Lap at the 1931 Melbourne Cup with this bloke running around for us. Costs us dearly.
Atley can sit in that dead weight too.. Hall scraped through ever so slightly today. I’ll give him a very very slight positive. A parr match. Campbell or Walker, they’re both s**t. But i’ll take campbell over walker because he can pinch in the ruck. These guys will be gone at years end. Atley, Hall, Walker, Tyson and Campbell.. look for a new job campaigners, because you are s**t at your current one. Turner must have signed on for a rookie wage. There is no chance we signed him for more than 100k per year

I was planning to say that today KT appeared to be allowed to play the game that is better suited to his style. I think in a few weeks of being a tagger or lock down on one of the opposition's better ball winners and Turner will regain some of that form that was earning him respect a couple of seasons back.

Sure, he made a meal of that chip and it came at a time when we had ascendency so it hurt - badly. If he had confidence in the tall forwards he'd most likly have kicked the ball into the danger zone 15 - 20 metres our from goal.

I was planning to say that today KT appeared to be allowed to play the game that is better suited to his style. I think in a few weeks of being a tagger or lock down on one of the opposition's better ball winners and Turner will regain some of that form that was earning him respect a couple of seasons back.

Sure, he made a meal of that chip and it came at a time when we had ascendency so it hurt - badly. If he had confidence in the tall forwards he'd most likly have kicked the ball into the danger zone 15 - 20 metres our from goal.

He’s not a competitive AFL player.

Turner was tagging... he got hurt in a contest, won a free and what did he do with the ball? He didnt get someone to run by for the hands? No, he turned it over and cost us the game. Heads dropped after that. That was the final nail for me. If you arent well enough to kick it. Put the ball on the ground and ask to go off the field. fu**in spud.. we have a big ol sack of spuds at the club

I said this to Orange Peanut at the time... if you’re not well get the flick off!

Anyway I loved his role on Laird and got right under his skin.

If he’s not kicking/can’t kick goals I would rather he be niggling the hell out of Cotchin, Sookwood and other guns that have murdered us since Benny couldn’t anymore

I must say I genuinely didn’t notice, but a lot of people commenting that he apparently tagged Laird? Bloke had 30+ touches? Would hate to see what he’d have done if we let him run free.

Like I just said in the autopsy thread. Lairs had 11 clearances. Third of the teams clearances.
Probably barely knows Turner exists

I said this to Orange Peanut at the time... if you’re not well get the flick off!

Anyway I loved his role on Laird and got right under his skin.

If he’s not kicking/can’t kick goals I would rather he be niggling the hell out of Cotchin, Sookwood and other guns that have murdered us since Benny couldn’t anymore
Tagging might be his role. Then becomes 17 on 17. You know he’ll nip at your heels. We are stuck with him now, a tagging role post centre bounce is probably the key. Will free up Jed to be a prominent ball winner. As much as I can enjoy the game, I only look gor growth and to be honest I am witnessing it.

Tagging might be his role. Then becomes 17 on 17. You know he’ll nip at your heels. We are stuck with him now, a tagging role post centre bounce is probably the key. Will free up Jed to be a prominent ball winner. As much as I can enjoy the game, I only look gor growth and to be honest I am witnessing it.
Look idk...from Level 3 he looked to be all over Laird but the stats since getting home and posting my thoughts suggest otherwise

Look idk...from Level 3 he looked to be all over Laird but the stats since getting home and posting my thoughts suggest otherwise
I always have prime seats. Was a passenger until he was thrown on laird. He does respond to simple tasks. He 100% negated Laird up until the last Q. I have zero comment. At 3/4 I was walkin past the medallion club bar singin the song 😂 me and the kids left mate. We saw what we needed to today. I knew the last Q was going to be ****ed. We are working towards 4 quarters. So saying, Turners days are numbered if he isnt tagging out their most damaging mid. He will be NO Ben Jacobs, BJ’s decision and skills were on another level, however if he can completely shut out a prominent player then there may be hope for the boy yet

I always have prime seats. Was a passenger until he was thrown on laird. He does respond to simple tasks. He 100% negated Laird up until the last Q. I have zero comment. At 3/4 I was walkin past the medallion club bar singin the song 😂 me and the kids left mate. We saw what we needed to today. I knew the last Q was going to be f’ed. We are working towards 4 quarters. So saying, Turners days are numbered if he isnt tagging out their most damaging mid. He will be NO Ben Jacobs, BJ’s decision and skills were on another level, however if he can completely shut out a prominent player then there may be hope for the boy yet

Well like I said if he can get Sookwood bleating like a Sheep next weekend it will be worth the watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back