Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

Level 3 Gaso? What's the story - get into Level 1 with the rest of us.....
You see more from level 3. I’d rather sit at lv 3 than level 1. I prefer my level 2 however im usually behind the away end causing trouble with the opposition. Now we are rebuilding, personally, probably like Gas, I like to see the field. I want to see who is working and who isnt

Level 1 sucks
When you are looking at progress you need to see the field. Im with ya. Its not atmospheric euphoria we are searching for right now. I’ll get in a biff next home game.. im itching for it 😂 all jokes aside. If you want to view structure, play, plans, work rate etc you cannot do that from level 1

Edit: Cant get my head around why its called level 1. Its bloody ground level. Have we become Yanks?

edit edit: it’s actually Sub Ground level... 😂

When you are looking at progress you need to see the field. Im with ya. Its not atmospheric euphoria we are searching for right now. I’ll get in a biff next home game.. im itching for it 😂 all jokes aside. If you want to view structure, play, plans, work rate etc you cannot do that from level 1

Edit: Cant get my head around why its called level 1. Its bloody ground level. Have we become Yanks?
You simply cannot see on Level 1
Level 2 is better

He just can't measure a kick. All these years in the system and he kicks too short or too long every time. Very very frustrating player.
Hardly. Has hit (and missed) plenty of short kicks in his time, his performance of that skill is in line with the squad. It was a difficult kick with low payoff and seems like a poor option.. in his defense, having poor options when kicking into our f50 is sort of the nmfc way atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laird had 10 of his 30 touches in the first qtr when Powell and Phillips were on him
Laird had 31 touches for the game so had 21 touches on Sugar in 3 quarters. 7 per quarter equals 28 over the course of a game.

Restricting a player to 28 touches is not a good tagging game - especially when Sugar is doing nothing on the offensive side - in fact he is making game changing errors with ball in hand.

That all said Sugar is not getting dropped as this would look bad on Nobes for promoting him to the leadership group - we are stuck with KT as a best 22 player through 2021.

Last edited:
Laird had 31 touches for the game so had 21 touches on Sugar in 3 quarters. 7 per quarter equals 28 over the course of a game.

Restricting a player to 28 touches is not a good tagging game - especially when Sugar is doing nothing on the offensive side - in fact he is making game changing errors with ball in hand.

That all said Sugar is not getting dropped as this would look bad on Nobes for promoting him to the leadership group - we are stuck with KT as a best 22 player through 2021.
I get the fact you're one of the many who are frustrated by Turner's limitations as a footballer, but that's not what the coaches will see, and not because he's got some protected status in the leadership group. What the coaches see is a bloke who's given a job mid game, does it, and has the desired output in restricting a prime mover for the opposition. Coaches build teams on players they can rely on, and Turner did the job, so he'll stay in until there's someone better (and at the moment in the twos, there isn't for his role)

Laird had 10 of his 30 touches in the first qtr when Powell and Phillips were on him
When did Sugar go on him? Laird had 14 touches, 4 clearances and 85% odd disposal efficiency after half time. I genuinely didn’t notice Turner tagging him so can’t really say, but if Sug was running with him in the last quarter than he did a diabolical job.

When did Sugar go on him? Laird had 14 touches, 4 clearances and 85% odd disposal efficiency after half time. I genuinely didn’t notice Turner tagging him so can’t really say, but if Sug was running with him in the last quarter than he did a diabolical job.

Seemed to be at the start of the second. We were noticeably on top in the midfield for the second and third quarters - how much you want to put that down to Turner's impact is up to you. Laird is always going to get the footy, it's more a case of limiting his damage.

People telling other people what to say and how to act can GAGF.

I’m not frustrated by his performance at all, that was his best game in years.

If you can't express yourself better than that, probably better not to say anything at all

Listen Harry Potter, a statement of facts is not anything more than a statement of fact.

if you read the game day thread and take issue with it, then you are suspect.
Both of mind and in spirit.

Turners best game in years ✅
Turner liability with ball in hand ✅
Flying Schwein = whiny little bitch ✅

There is no obligation to be nice to the players. There is no obligation to read the GameDay thread - stop trying to convince people there is.

Our moral obligation starts and ends with buying memberships and turning up to games - which I do.

Flying Ham is more than welcome to stand next to me at Kardinia Park next week, but let me guess, he will have something more important to do.

I get the fact you're one of the many who are frustrated by Turner's limitations as a footballer, but that's not what the coaches will see, and not because he's got some protected status in the leadership group. What the coaches see is a bloke who's given a job mid game, does it, and has the desired output in restricting a prime mover for the opposition. Coaches build teams on players they can rely on, and Turner did the job, so he'll stay in until there's someone better (and at the moment in the twos, there isn't for his role)
Yet Nobes gave Laird best on ground (or at worst second best).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back