Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Ischenko

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Running into open goal to put us within 18 points, halfway through the second. We'd had a good couple of minutes. Bit of momentum. Needs to just kick the goal or put it to Brown's advantage. Kicks it to Brown's man. They go coast to coast. That was the game.

He kicked a goal at least. He tries hard but he has limitations.
He is actually the least of our problems but the fact he is one of the first picked tells us something. Something about the coach and how he thinks...

InFineForm

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2006
Hawthorn East
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton
He’s not doing enough either way
Genuinely like him, but he's a handbrake on the team with him only being able to kick it confidently 35 metres.
And for some reason our blokes have never worked this out & defenders constantly mark these dropped short kicks.
He's a battler & that's now nowhere near good enough.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We should've went hard at Tyson Stengle. We need a pressure small who can actually impact the scoreboard.

Turner just does not get front and centre anywhere near enough.
I personally don’t want turner front and cente. His kicks will constantly drop short in the goal square, instead of sailing thru. Not his fault he can’t kick it over 35m.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I personally don’t want turner front and cente. His kicks will constantly drop short in the goal square, instead of sailing thru. Not his fault he can’t kick it over 35m.

If you can't kick crumbing goals from 40m out as a small forward then you shouldn't be on an AFL list. Harsh, but its the truth.

He wouldn't even get a game in Gold Coasts forward line at present.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I'll wait until the side produces decent ball movement in to the forward line before analysing the forwards.

Sel Murray, Wayne Carey, John Dugdale, Phil Krakeour, Boomer Harvey and Malcolm Blight up forward would have struggled yesterday

Strong inside midfielder

KTurner316cna1.jpg

Not really

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
If he doesn't pass off an easy goal to Jack Ziebell then he would have had 14 touches and two goals. This is after a JLT series where he kicked three goals and could have had a fourth if he didn't gift one to Jasper Pittard.

I don't get the hate for him when he's arguably been our best forward so far.

He's fallen in to WBC status. There's no chance he gets dropped and there's no one better to replace him anyway.

I saw Wilkinson in the VFL praccy, and he's not taking Turners spot on that effort.

Running into open goal to put us within 18 points, halfway through the second. We'd had a good couple of minutes. Bit of momentum. Needs to just kick the goal or put it to Brown's advantage. Kicks it to Brown's man. They go coast to coast. That was the game.

He kicked a goal at least. He tries hard but he has limitations.
He is actually the least of our problems but the fact he is one of the first picked tells us something. Something about the coach and how he thinks...

I'd actually say he's one of our main problems. He is a forward that provides no options, so our mids are more likely to do more predictable kicks.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you can't kick crumbing goals from 40m out as a small forward then you shouldn't be on an AFL list. Harsh, but its the truth.

He wouldn't even get a game in Gold Coasts forward line at present.
Turners skillset is his fitness, hardness and fearlessness. In general play his kickings not to bad and he does make good decisions under pressure.
He’s weakness is he can’t kick over a tin can.
Why the fook would you put him in a position where you constantly expose his weakness and not ultilise his strength.
Like most in this team they are being set up to fail. And to make matters worse, the players are pigeon holed if they don’t make it under Scotts master plan.

Last edited:
Back