Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

I adore Kanye. Will never understand the negativity flung at him from some people on here. He's a crucial part of the guts of our team, and there has not been one second of his games that I've ever doubted his commitment. Heart just about blew up for him when he nullified Hodge and kicked those goals in the 1st. The rest of his match was nothing to sneeze at either. Well done Kayne! See you in Finals.

View attachment 538183
View attachment 538181

He just needs to impact with the ball.

Nobody doubts his commitment.

r20_4.gif
If that is McMillan Rayner takes that mark.

He just needs to impact with the ball.

Nobody doubts his commitment.

Marstermind: "He's the sort of player who should be fighting tooth and nail to maintain an AFL career" (post #2788)

Clarke is King: "based off this year he also seems to hate kicking goals" (post #2797)

czero: "one of his best games, but still goes missing" (post #2821)

I dunno. Doesn't exactly scream belief to me, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

And I think he impacted with the ball very well last night. Even gave up on his "hatred" of kicking goals.

The decision to play him higher for parts of last week and again this week has been the catalyst for his turn around in form.

His pressure is back after a 5 to 6 week drop off and everything after that is a bonus.

For all we know, the coaches may have been happy with his form in his previous role. He may have been doing exactly what they were after in terms of nullifying opposition run off half back.

Just because he’s not popular of BF don’t mean he ain’t doing what the coaches want!

But it is good to see him in this role, getting possessions and kicking goals. Even if the team values his role, all forwards enjoy getting a few kicks and a goal.

Must be that having Walker and Wood back enables him to move up the ground? Not that Wood offers much defensively- his game left much to be desired against Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all we know, the coaches may have been happy with his form in his previous role. He may have been doing exactly what they were after in terms of nullifying opposition run off half back.

Just because he’s not popular of BF don’t mean he ain’t doing what the coaches want!

But it is good to see him in this role, getting possessions and kicking goals. Even if the team values his role, all forwards enjoy getting a few kicks and a goal.

Must be that having Walker and Wood back enables him to move up the ground? Not that Wood offers much defensively- his game left much to be desired against Brisbane.
Latest episode of the players podcast, recorded last week, they briefly mentioned Kayne.

Jmac
"We obviously get judged a lot on our stats, but it's what players bring to the side, I reckon, that a lot of fans in particular don't understand. And I look at Kayne Turner as a Half Forward who hasn't kicked many goals this year and doesn't light up the stats sheet week in week out, but fair to say he's probably one of our first players picked."

Ziebs
"Definitely."

Jmac
"Players are able to bring so much value to a side outside of just hit and run, or it's what they do off field, or in Kayne's case what he can do off the ball, helps us defenders out."

Then talked a bit about how it can be frustrating for players to be getting a bit of stick from the fans while they're doing exactly what they're supposed to be.

I thought of this thread immediately after hearing that.

Latest episode of the players podcast, recorded last week, they briefly mentioned Kayne.

Jmac

Ziebs

Jmac

Then talked a bit about how it can be frustrating for players to be getting a bit of stick from the fans while they're doing exactly what they're supposed to be.

I thought of this thread immediately after hearing that.
And as soon as the siren goes the love that he gets from the players close to him is amazing. I'm sure for the spoil & tackle, but also for just being a junkyard dog.

Only downside, this doesn't catch Luke joining Froggy to celebrate with Sugar on the ground! Luke actually seems to think there has been a whistle for a free from this clip, or thinks we are behind, before realising.

Only downside, this doesn't catch Luke joining Froggy to celebrate with Sugar on the ground! Luke actually seems to think there has been a whistle for a free from this clip, or thinks we are behind, before realising.
Ohhh is that what that was? I thought it was just overwhelming for him. That makes alot more sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back