Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 13, 2012
Waiting for Josh Kelly #2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Strong inside midfielder

KTurner316cna1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Good luck to the kid. A 17 year old who needs plenty of work.

Don't mind this one. He's tiny sure, but if he had been born a day later he would have been in next years draft pool so effectively picking him a year early in the 2nd round of the rookie means with a bit of luck (and a lot of gym work) we may end up with a bargain

LOL Imagine the two of them rocking up at Arden St, Kayne craning his head up to look Joel in the face.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kayne Turner:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-20/kayne-turner

The skinny, inside midfielder is one of the draft's surprise packets, given how far he has come in 2013. After completing the pre-season with the Murray Bushrangers, he started the season in the Ovens and Murray League before showing rapid improvement in nine TAC Cup games. His light frame belies his utter fearlessness and aggression at the ball. Also boasts neat skills and can play as a small forward or defender. He qualified for the draft by one day – he will turn 18 on New Year's Eve.

We probably won't be seeing him in the Blue and White for a while, but as others have said this is a good value pick. If he was born a day later then he could have cost us a second round pick in the actual draft.

He sounds like a good character and if he is tackling like he is as a stick figure, then he must have a decent ticker.

Last edited:
not a fan of this pick, we don't need another inside mid yet alone a skinny one
I think with his age and the development left in him he could be a multi positional player. It's going to be at least 3 years before he will be even close to considered for senior footy, so lets just see how this speculative pick goes.

Obviously I have no idea about these specific guys but I like the type of player we've gone with. You get a lot of success stories with inside mids and key defenders in the rookie draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back