Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

Courageous. No doubt. Works as hard as anyone.

He's our Daniel Ruettiger.

Unfortunately he's barely an A grade ammo's footballer with the ball in hand.

He's actually decent overhead for his height.

He's the anti-Ahern, fumbles at every possession, worst kick bar none at the club and just a terrible decision maker with ball in hand, regularly burns open play opportunities where we should have open goals with a clean possession and accurate kick.

The fact he only get's it 11 times a game is probably a positive because of the above at this stage.

I can't hate him because of his endeavour, but he's the most limited best 22 player at North in 30 years. Eddie Sainsbury was a better footballer.

He's truly crap.

100% spot on.

Has the skills and composure of Shane Clayton without any of the ball winning ability. For the remainder of whatever time he has at north should only be playing if we have rampant injuries like gws or collingwood and we're down to our last 6-8 players.

Shows as much endeavour as anyone to ever pull on the jumper but just not up to it.

Courageous. No doubt. Works as hard as anyone.

He's our Daniel Ruettiger.

Unfortunately he's barely an A grade ammo's footballer with the ball in hand.

He's actually decent overhead for his height.

He's the anti-Ahern, fumbles at every possession, worst kick bar none at the club and just a terrible decision maker with ball in hand, regularly burns open play opportunities where we should have open goals with a clean possession and accurate kick.

The fact he only get's it 11 times a game is probably a positive because of the above at this stage.

I can't hate him because of his endeavour, but he's the most limited best 22 player at North in 30 years. Eddie Sainsbury was a better footballer.

He's truly crap.

I’d like to see how Turner goes when/if we get a consistently competitive midfield. I believe a few of our players are suffering off the back of the rest of the team trying to pick up the slack created by that fundamental weakness.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just can't see that he's got much better since 2014.

He needs to aim (or be told to aim) at two goals a game next year - even if he gets them out the back, he's got to become more dangerous.

Watch his 2017 games 1-12. He was equal in the B&F with Williams. He was what we needed, quick, hard, tackled and kicked goals. If he can return to that then he is absolutely valuable.

Kayne tries hard. I try hard. I play country 2s.

I simply cannot understand how this bloke is considered a lock in our starting 18 with only 2 areas of his game above average (endurance and effort) and multiple just straight up poor.

I simply cannot understand how this bloke is considered a lock in our starting 18 with only 2 areas of his game above average (endurance and effort) and multiple just straight up poor.
Mate if I had an award to give, you just won it. That is fan tas tic!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't agree more.

He is largely ineffective and cannot fathom game time over 2018.

Best 22 player.

CGAF what the supercoach posse thinks.

You're all going to backpedal at light speed when you see how he goes with a midfield that is accountable.

Best 22 player.

CGAF what the supercoach posse thinks.

You're all going to backpedal at light speed when you see how he goes with a midfield that is accountable.
Is it a supercoach mindset to question why a small, average-paced, low scoring, low score assist small forward with poor goal sense, decision making, disposal and only moderate pressure/ tackle-effectiveness numbers is considered a guaranteed starter? He doesn't even read the game well enough to get front and centre to the most straightforward lead-mark key fwd in the game. Just don't see it mate

Is it a supercoach mindset to question why a small, average-paced, low scoring, low score assist small forward with poor goal sense, decision making, disposal and only moderate pressure/ tackle-effectiveness numbers is considered a guaranteed starter?

Yes, it is a "supercoach mindset"

He doesn't even read the game well enough to get front and centre to the most straightforward lead-mark key fwd in the game. Just don't see it mate

A classic "supercoach mindset" is a complete inability to understand how an opposition that exploits a weakness in our side has a symbiotic impact on players like Kayne.

You view football in monochrome.

In r10 last year he was equal leader of the Syd and came 11th after missing 1/3 of the season.

In case anyone forgot.

Perhaps that suggests he does stuff the coaches want that the rest of us haven't worked out yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back