Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, and stints on ball. No law says he must be towards the end of our chains. Hope Brad remembers that. Look at the early pages of this thread, a versatile inside mid.. albeit he was 12yrs old. who knows he could have been our Selwood.

I think on the whole I’d prefer guys whose job description includes clearing D50 to be able to kick over a jam tin.
This is at odds with our current set up of chip it 15.01m backwards.

To all the nay sayers this guy give his all week in and week out. Currently standing at Equal 7th in the AFL for goal assists.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think that stat is score assists.
I think he's one of many blokes who could be refreshed with a new coach looking at him without preconceptions. A la Wellsy after Laidley funnily enough.

Would love him to be tried as a Tagger till BJ gets fit.

Would be a pest and make those on ballers earn every touch
The best taggers are usually big-bodied players. Imagine Kayne going shoulder to shoulder with Wines, Cripps, Dangerfield etc from a standing starting. He'd be ragdolled.

The best taggers are usually big-bodied players. Imagine Kayne going shoulder to shoulder with Wines, Cripps, Dangerfield etc from a standing starting. He'd be ragdolled.

There are smaller mids that year us apart.
Merrett , shuey, gaff , Zorko ect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turner is a strange one
Frustrates so often but his 1%ers and 2nd efforts are a commodity for us.
Would like to see him as a lock down defender to take out those small forwards that crush us so often.

Then even if Kayne isnt getting a lot of the ball if his opponent is not making an impact Kaynes role in the team is so much more valuable than what it is at the moment (ie negligible impact)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What a great selfless team player. Plays to the best of his ability in any role asked of him and played like he was covering for 2 players when Jamie was injured, because he essentially was.

Yep, I reckon defence is his go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back