Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if they even realise that he's taking the piss out of them? Seems like a very funny bloke.

Also very cheeky and brave. Seems to be the joker in the new pack. On team photo day, as the team members were walking into the basketball court for photos, Sugar was walking behind Preuss (who was not wearing bicycle short) and decided to "dack" him. Preuss took it in his stride, pulled his shorts up and didn't in turn deck Turner.

Big fan of Kayne
Always have respect for anyone who lifts themselves off the rookie list.

I was really disappointed by his behaviour last year but seems like it may have stood him in good stead as a feet-on-ground experience.

Seems a unique player - small but tough and good awareness with decent skills. Competes like a rabid dog. Not an accumulator but seems to be getting the experience to nail his opportunities which I reckon he initially struggled with.

I wonder if they even realise that he's taking the piss out of them? Seems like a very funny bloke.

The follow up from this in the Hun was that his team mates set him up and answered on his behalf...the Club was following up to see if any others had been pranked.

The follow up from this in the Hun was that his team mates set him up and answered on his behalf...the Club was following up to see if any others had been pranked.
Yeah, can't let players actually have a bit of fun in their workplace. It's just not on.

The AFL can GAGF with a rusty star picket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been really impressed with his year so far.

Excellent attitude and has improved his fitness.

Been really impressed with his year so far.

Excellent attitude and has improved his fitness.

I agree.

He's sort of gone under the radar because he hasn't got the numbers that garner he or the flair that Simpkin has but Turner has been very consistent.

I thought he was especially good today

I agree.

He's sort of gone under the radar because he hasn't got the numbers that garner he or the flair that Simpkin has but Turner has been very consistent.

I thought he was especially good today
Sums up my thoughts pretty well. Did what he usually does, but a lot more often. Glad to see he is capable of accumulating. Toughness and cheekiness is widely recognised, but I think his skills are a bit underrated, perhaps because they aren't on display that often. Doesn't have the silk or creativity of say, Hrovat, but he is damned solid by hand and foot.

Sums up my thoughts pretty well. Did what he usually does, but a lot more often. Glad to see he is capable of accumulating. Toughness and cheekiness is widely recognised, but I think his skills are a bit underrated, perhaps because they aren't on display that often. Doesn't have the silk or creativity of say, Hrovat, but he is damned solid by hand and foot.

Yep, executes well.

Continually gets in to dangerous spots. Defensive pressure through the roof. Decision-making normally excellent. Footy smarts up the wazoo.

Makes me talk in short sentences.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back