Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

2ez7fhi.gif

Good to see and I'm sure it'd be a massive relief to the kid. His first game back at Werribee he had that zip and thirst to attack the man and the ball. I remember thinking at the time "geez we could do with that in the seniors right now", when Nahas was back in his slump.

Events of this season may well be the making of him as a footballer and bloke in the long run. Now, hit the weights room and protein powder for a huge 2017.

We really could have used a fit Turner this year. He's actually a great point of difference and will be able to do midfield time down the track from what I've seen. Has good awareness, good feel for space. Finds time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thread title change needed lol

Done.

Watching replays of recent finals we've played in prior to this year I'm actually excited for what Kayne can offer once fully fit and firing again. We missed the bloke a lot this year.

Done.

Watching replays of recent finals we've played in prior to this year I'm actually excited for what Kayne can offer once fully fit and firing again. We missed the bloke a lot this year.

We did indeed. Bit of a forgotten man (boy), but the way he started his career at VFL and AFL, including big AFL finals, he definitely has the goods to be one of those bargain pick champions every strong team (other than GSW and GC) needs.

Want to see this guy back next year providing some hardness and wiping out blokes that belies his size. The "Turnernator".....

ezgif.com-optimize (17).gif

ezgif.com-optimize (18).gif

ezgif.com-gif-maker (4).gif

*(note on the inset the trademark North handball to the feet of a running player and subsequent fumble)

Would love to see him spend more time in the middle, he has attributes similar to the bulldog midfielders namely good skills, composure, zippiness, and hardness. What's his tank like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back