Delisted #28: Mitch Brown - Retired - 20/9/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think he's soft. His body has just been wrecked by the constant injuries and he's now at the point where he's too weak and unathletic to beat AFL level defenders.

I think it’s disingenuous to say he is unathletic, he covers plenty of ground and is plenty mobile when the ball is there to be snapped. He just rolls off contests looking for cheap touches instead of attacking the ball. He is a tall small forward and can’t carry him against strong defences. Get Laverde in who is at least powerful and dangerous around goals.

I think it’s disingenuous to say he is unathletic, he covers plenty of ground and is plenty mobile when the ball is there to be snapped. He just rolls off contests looking for cheap touches instead of attacking the ball. He is a tall small forward and can’t carry him against strong defences. Get Laverde in who is at least powerful and dangerous around goals.

Nah he's definitely a low level athlete for a forward. I agree that he should be transitioned out of the side

Interesting that both Brown and Mihocek who are similar players with have good endurance, big work rates, present as running options between the two lines BOTH struggled in todays game - Both play better when it's a fast game.

The difference from praise last week to criticism this week happened within one post.

Not willing to write him off just yet, but yesterday wasn't a great performance.

The difference from praise last week to criticism this week happened within one post.

Not willing to write him off just yet, but yesterday wasn't a great performance.

Played a poor game, but wasn't helped in the slightest with the way we delivered the ball. He's not strong in the contest, so constantly bombing it on his head was never going to turn out well, especially when he's giving away height and a lot of weight to Roughead.

Played a poor game, but wasn't helped in the slightest with the way we delivered the ball. He's not strong in the contest, so constantly bombing it on his head was never going to turn out well, especially when he's giving away height and a lot of weight to Roughead.
Delivery not good and question whether he and danniher crowd each other running up field. At least Stewart would score a couple running back into goal.

Out for 3-4 weeks with a fractured wrist. No surgery required. Who to bring in? Laverde? Draper debut?
The logical choice is Laverde, but I would LOVE to see Draper in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we have 6 or 7 players on the injury list, and yet 4 of them are key forwards/rucks. The actual *?

If it were any other game I'd simply play Hooker forward but then we don't have a match for Hawkins

Depending on how they perform on the weekend, I'd expect one (or both) of Begley and Laverde to come in. Begley is on 100% VFL tomorrow coming back from his ACL, Laverde has had a couple of weeks since his rolled ankle. Also have Fantasia to come in though and playing a relatively small forward line up has been done before (Brown+Stringer+3 smalls vs. Brisbane). Perhaps that's not going to work against Geelong though? (I know nothing about Geelong here; is it feasible?)

That's a reasonable loss given McKernan and Stewart aren't available. Laverde seems the most likely because I don't see us playing Draper or Bellchambers big minutes forward.

Depending on how they perform on the weekend, I'd expect one (or both) of Begley and Laverde to come in. Begley is on 100% VFL tomorrow coming back from his ACL, Laverde has had a couple of weeks since his rolled ankle. Also have Fantasia to come in though and playing a relatively small forward line up has been done before (Brown+Stringer+3 smalls vs. Brisbane). Perhaps that's not going to work against Geelong though? (I know nothing about Geelong here; is it feasible?)

Massive loss coming up against a really strong aerial defense like Geelong. If we aren't proactive we will bomb it in and get repelled with ease.

Though being smaller may mean quicker which may cause them issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back