Delisted #28: Mitch Brown - Retired - 20/9/22

Remove this Banner Ad

This is gold. Hopefully plays forward round 1 and allows Hooker to stay back.
Hooker and JD as a combination up forward are the solution to a 10 year old problem. If there is a way to make it happen then it cannot be ignored. If Brown is as good a defender as we are hoping, then the full strength side is the complete package. You'd have to wonder what our ceiling is this year...

Love it, will come in on the first day full of confidence after already playing well for us. For a guy with so many injury issues in the past confidence is the key. I don't think he will ever be a superstar, but a huggggeeeee up grade on Ambrose.

Both Brown and Hartley scream Hooker forward IMO.

Joe D and Hooker forward is easily our best option.
Worsfold continually saying Hooker back screams Hooker back IMO.

Worsfold continually saying Hooker back screams Hooker back IMO.
Worsfold is going to have one hell of a headache working out who to put at CHF with all of Hooker, Ambrose, Brown and McKernon all at near level pegging for the job, albeit for different reasons.

Worsfold is going to have one hell of a headache working out who to put at CHF with all of Hooker, Ambrose, Brown and McKernon all at near level pegging for the job, albeit for different reasons.
Ambrose a fair way back IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being the incumbent means SFA if someone better comes along.

How he fits in will depend a lot on how the best 22 make up looks with the sub rule gone I think.
I think the point is that you have to really show a bit in order to take someones spot. Ambrose will be his usual beast mode self all preseason, so Brown or whoever will really have to impress. Mckernan is my first choice for round one but i'm not convinced TRB see it that way...

Why on earth, when we have not one, not two, but three tall options to compliment Daniher would we even think for a second about putting Hooker in attack?

I think the point is that you have to really show a bit in order to take someones spot. Ambrose will be his usual beast mode self all preseason, so Brown or whoever will really have to impress. Mckernan is my first choice for round one but i'm not convinced TRB see it that way...

Ambrose could train like a freak beast all summer but if his disposal and match awareness is still s**t he'll get left out.

Mitch Brown is a better forward than Hooker.
Hooker is a better backman than he is a forward.
Hartley is a backman.
Hurley is a backman. (thank *)

Mitch Brown is a better forward than Hooker.
Hooker is a better backman than he is a forward.
Hartley is a backman.
Hurley is a backman. (thank ****)
If Brown was a better forward than Hooker he would have gone at pick 4 not 64. Hooker is a 50+ goal forward in a functioning side, i don't think there is any doubts about that given he was performing at nearly that level with no midfield. He looks every bit the forward in his approach as well... he has the bustle and attitude, he leads hard and marks with conviction. There is no wishy washy Carlisle about him at all. We need to build a bridge over our past and realise that some players really can make the switch without stuffing their careers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back