Delisted #28: Mitch Brown - Retired - 20/9/22

Remove this Banner Ad

"Essendon's decision to cut Brown came as a shock to some considering he had played 16 games and proved a handy forward foil this year, kicking 21 goals.

But it is believed the Bombers think they will be better off in the long-term to play others ahead of the 29-year-old."
- Cal Twomey

"Essendon's decision to delist Brown came as a surprise...to everyone that didnt watch him play."
I liked him. I wanted him to play 20 games next year just to read your comments!

CBombers17

Premium Platinum
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
An Essendon supporting mate who I watch quite a lot of games with and normally agree with on footy, was enthusiastically telling me a few weeks back that he saw Brown playing in front of Smac this year as KPF....All I could bring myself to say was "I can't see it". When Browns exit was announced for the first time in years my mate wanted heads to roll at the club - meanwhile I saw the same decision as a glimmer of hope we could be finally turning the corner.

It's remarkable how differently we can all see the game.

Bigjobss

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 7, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon

"Melbourne have emerged as a potential suitor for delisted Essendon forward Mitch Brown.
The Bombers declined to offer Brown a new contract for 2020 despite the versatile tall kicking 21 goals from 16 AFL games this year, including a match-winning haul of four away to Adelaide in round 18.
Industry sources have told The Age that Melbourne have shown interest in recruiting Brown"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 28, 2009
Bermuda Triangle
AFL Club
Essendon
Woops lol

IMG_1518.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back