Delisted #28: Mitch Brown - Retired - 20/9/22

Remove this Banner Ad

The ultimate depth KPP/3rd tall. Plays at both ends, does it with minimal fuss and the difference between his best and worst is tiny.

Do you mean “ultimate” as in last option, final or best?

He is a certainly a fairly reliable low impact 3rd tall last to be picked player. Whilst he isn’t capable of the sublime, does nothing for the heart and isn’t entertaining to watch he is certainly a fairly reliable soilder.

In an ideal world Francis would be given a chance to play a long run of games and it finally dawns on the coaches that Francis and not this Browne fella is actually the Ultimate 3rd tall, and is also exciting, entertaining and reliable. Francis I feel will become an awesome swing man player.

Do you mean “ultimate” as in last option, final or best?

He is a certainly a fairly reliable low impact 3rd tall last to be picked player. Whilst he isn’t capable of the sublime, does nothing for the heart and isn’t entertaining to watch he is certainly a fairly reliable soilder.

In an ideal world Francis would be given a chance to play a long run of games and it finally dawns on the coaches that Francis and not this Browne fella is actually the Ultimate 3rd tall, and is also exciting, entertaining and reliable. Francis I feel will become an awesome swing man player.
Best.

Yeah he is good depth to have around.

Sorry Enth I would prefer we got games into Francis though, especially given finals is no longer an option.
He and Francis aren't competing for the same position though.
He has been good. Does this mean Hartley is doomed or are they not competing for a spot on the list?
Don't see how they're competing for a spot. One is playing forward, the other back.

He has been good. Does this mean Hartley is doomed or are they not competing for a spot on the list?
Probably not in direct competition for a spot, I think Brown is older and plays a more mobile type of game at either end of the ground. Hartley has been almost a pure shut-down defender and learning to mark more and be a bit more rebounding, he's also younger and taller. Hartley has been pushed out of the side with Ambrose and Hurley staying fit and Hooker and Goddard playing defence all year though, and then his child was born and he two weeks off as well. I'd say his mind might be elsewhere.

I get that Brown and Francis ain’t currently competing against each other.
This disappoints me. I think that Francis could be such a dynamic swing man.

It’s a shame the coaches haven’t seen this already.

Probably not in direct competition for a spot, I think Brown is older and plays a more mobile type of game at either end of the ground. Hartley has been almost a pure shut-down defender and learning to mark more and be a bit more rebounding, he's also younger and taller. Hartley has been pushed out of the side with Ambrose and Hurley staying fit and Hooker and Goddard playing defence all year though, and then his child was born and he two weeks off as well. I'd say his mind might be elsewhere.
Ive got them both as fringe talls that can play defense - neither are currently automatic best 22 so i am wondering if we need both? Unless Hartley is considered best 22 and developing 'areas' then i reckon Brown offers enough cover and more flexibility (assuming his form forward would transfer into a defensive role).

Meh, doesn't do enough for me. 3 goals today but a few over the top when he was on his own.

Averaging about the same as James Stewart yet JS was dropped. I'm not convinced on either but I'd rather be pumping games into JS.
Has 9 from his 5 games as a forward since replacing Stewart.

Stewart kicked 3 from his last 5.

300% more is pretty similar output. Good analysis as always.

Has 9 from his 5 games as a forward since replacing Stewart.

Stewart kicked 3 from his last 5.

300% more is pretty similar output. Good analysis as always.

Unfortunately JS hasn't had a decent crack when we've started to get our midfield and general play working a bit better. JS also didn't have McKernan providing a chop out in the ruck.

Brown has 6 goals this year. Not sure where you get this 9 goals from but anywho.

Think only JS has ceiling to get to where we need it to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately JS hasn't had a decent crack when we've started to get our midfield and general play working a bit better. JS also didn't have McKernan providing a chop out in the ruck.

Brown has 6 goals this year. Not sure where you get this 9 goals from but anywho.

Think only JS has ceiling to get to where we need it to be.
My apologies I hadn't noticed AFL tables had updated today's game so added 3 to his 6.

6 in 4 v 2 in 4. Still a 300% increase on out put.

Stewart also played alongside Smack in his last 4 games and played in the much improved efforts against Geelong and GWS.

Would keep both. Hartley has been playing well in the magoos and is the replacement for Hooker until BZT bulks up and is ready to come through.
Totally agree. No need to trade Hartley or Brown. Definitely a need to draft / attract some seriously A grade talls for the longer term tho.

The Hooker & Hurley cliff is on the horizon. BZT is one but we need two more.

Don't see how they're competing for a spot. One is playing forward, the other back.

True but it may come down to Brown being able to fill a spot at both ends. He is playing forward now but he is just as good in defence even though he takes a different match up to Hartley. I like both but they may back Brown for his ability to play both ends .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back