Delisted #28: Mitch Brown - Retired - 20/9/22

Remove this Banner Ad

You would assume that Brown will have to start playing as a forward again with the amount of the options we have down back. Particularly since Francis asked to play as a defender again.
I do prefer Brown as a backman though.

Brown is exactly the type of depth you need.

Probably not good enough for forward depth but is very handy as a third tall defender.

A one year contract on low money is a win win scenario.

Brown is exactly the type of depth you need.

Probably not good enough for forward depth but is very handy as a third tall defender.

A one year contract on low money is a win win scenario.
Disagree on the forward depth part. Kicked 20 goals last year playing second fiddle and has shown that he can kick a bag.

Disagree on the forward depth part. Kicked 20 goals last year playing second fiddle and has shown that he can kick a bag.
Yeah, I think he can be used there at a pinch but our current forwardline is far different to last year and I wouldn't say he's a mover like all but Hooker is. He can do job though if required.

VFL again this week as part of his return from injury. And yeah, they got the round number wrong.
Mitch Brown returned to football in Essendon VFL’s round 19(sic) game against the Dogs.

Brown came on after quarter time and finished the game unscathed.

“He played three quarters of the game. He played just over 7.5km, which was his plan,” Crow said.

“His next progression is 11.5km, which is a bit like a normal game for Mitch, with ample rotations.

“He pulled up really well and didn’t look out of place. He is tracking really nicely.”
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-08-22/injury-update-aug-22

Because you need to sign your plaayers from 23-30 as well in case of injury.

Brown gives us good depth both forward and back.

Spot on.

Brown is a competent 2nd or 3rd tall forward and defender who also cost us Pick 54 and I am tipping he isnt taking up a whole lot of salary cap space.

It's all well and good to say "cut this person and that person" but there is no point if you aren't replacing them with someone better.

This year we already have Kelly, Watson, Stanton going plus Morgan, Jacko Merrett and Howlett are also all likely to go before he does

Went out of their way to let us know Brown has overcome groin trouble (that we didn't know he had in the first place) and is available selection in round one.

One player earmarked for a potential return to the side in Ambrose’s absence is Mitch Brown, and Crow confirmed that the former Cat had overcome recent groin trouble since missing the side’s second JLT clash with Geelong.

“He fully trained today. He did a good session on the weekend instead of the match and he’ll be available to play.”
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-03-20/skins-injury-update

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does appear to have solved our problems nicely.
And yet people in the preview thread have used it as an excuse to drop Hartley.

Brown to kick 6 off the full back line and nab 29 disposals on his way to BOG and inevitable Brownlow.

Hope he makes it work this year, great bloke.

Good game against the crows for browny. Dour defending showing courage, was a little underpowered against Jenkins but did good all up I reckon.

Yeah, felt Jenkins shaded him but competed hard. Was unusually nervous ball in hand though, he's normally very composed.

I liked his intercept work. Struggled a bit one on one vs Jenkins though. He's perfect as the 3rd tall I reckon but we want Hurley to play that role so it becomes a bit awkward for him.

Still a good game nonetheless. Definitely serviceable depth at the very least. No qualms about playing him whenever one of Ambrose, Hartley or Hurley are unavailable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back