Delisted #28: Mitch Brown - Retired - 20/9/22

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Runs 15+ Km's a game and kicks straight. There's actually quite a lot to like about Mitch Brown. He doesn't have the freakish moments of Daniher or even McKernan but in terms of producing a very reliable output through pure hard work he's done a good job this year.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe Daniher/McKernan/Brown could actually work. Especially considering that McKernan would spend time in the ruck. The key would be Brown leading far up the ground using his massive workrate to create space and give us a target. Then Daniher more as a genuine CHF with McKernan the deep forward. I generally prefer the smaller setups for most teams but I don't think its out of the question.

I don't think its impossible for Brown to become a Tom Lynch (Adelaide) type player for us.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Exactly the type of player Gold Coast need. A journey man just happy to play his footy, professional and will do everything to kake the most of his 2nd chance. Surprised a club like that doesnt offer him something very decent like 3 yrs.

*Dont want him to go. Right now Mckernan and Brown have every right to think their best 22 start of 2019.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Exactly the type of player Gold Coast need. A journey man just happy to play his footy, professional and will do everything to kake the most of his 2nd chance. Surprised a club like that doesnt offer him something very decent like 3 yrs.

*Dont want him to go. Right now Mckernan and Brown have every right to think their best 22 start of 2019.
We will need to trade someone to get Steven May.

Apr 30, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm not a huge fan of this guy but he's ability to work over the last half of the season has been fairly decent. Daniher and Stringer are first two choice forwards and then maybe McKernan for ruck coverage.

He's got a role to play as depth and can do a certain job when required.

Looked as nimble last night as ever and moved pretty well.

I just realised a second ago that since Daniher and Stewart no longer featured in the side I haven’t been dreading every set shot on goal. I’m actually not looking forward to Daniher clunking everything that goes near him only to spray the ball all over the place

the PILL

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2007
VICTORIA
AFL Club
Essendon
I think he's actually improved significantly since arriving and has really grown on me, also seems to be able to hit contests harder at ground level these days which is handy for a tall againts other talls.

I do worry when its dewy or raining though, looks like a gazelle on ice (the frozen water type)

PeaTea

All Australian
Apr 23, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
His and Smacks improvement actually makes Stewart a surplus to our needs. Could be a trade option now.

I just realised a second ago that since Daniher and Stewart no longer featured in the side I haven’t been dreading every set shot on goal. I’m actually not looking forward to Daniher clunking everything that goes near him only to spray the ball all over the place
still got 60 of them through the sticks, which is kind of amazing

Reckon the groin problem would have impacted his kicking early this year. Started off badly last year culminating in that game against Dees where he kicked 6 behinds first half but improved quite a bit after that.

Jun 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Brown is devalued I think because he doesn't look like a footballer. Very slightly built. Looks slow. Seems to shuffle rather than run. Not a great high mark and prefers to take it on his chest. Appears to be very limited.

But he's very smart, knows where to run, covers more ground than anyone, and is probably more highly valued within the team than we think.

Eleven 38

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Canucks, Cowboys, Renegades

Buddy sprays them all over the place too. If you get enough opportunities you kick enough goals. What Joe has to do though is kick the important ones in close games.

Back