Delisted #28: Mitch Brown - Retired - 20/9/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy with this....mid year I did not see him as a player and couldn't believe he got selected.

His last half of the year makes me wonder how we could leave him out of the 22, he provided so much run, leads, space and ground balls for our forward line and is a great shot for goal. He is unfashionable but really became very effective. Happy for him and hope he can improve again.

AFL site says he was a top up player...don’t think so
He was but he also was not. He was a top up the first time around for the NAB Cup when the players stood out themselves then went back to Sandy and was drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on who out of Deal, Hartley, Long and Baguley will get a gig next year?

Dea: 1 year deal I reckon - though I don't expect him to play much. Did play some handy games this year at times but there's more names moving in front of him now.
Hartley: Similar to Dea but slightly more likely to get a contract. Hartley did have some impressive VFL form. Reckon we might offer him 1 and he might look elsewhere to see if he could get longer.
Long: Probably gone. Being young and not signed up at this stage of the year is not a good sign.
Baguley: I'd be surprised if they didn't give him another year. However if they are really bullish on Begley and Laverde next year they may consider him surplus to requirements. I think he's only got 1 year left in him in any case.

No he didn’t.
Technically B4L is right. Brown was a top up player for us in the 2015 NAB cup. He was drafted onto our senior list at the end of 2015 but wasn’t one of our 10 top ups for the 2016 season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back