Delisted #28: Ned Cahill - Not offered a new contract, thanks Ned! - 13/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, who's saying these things? He barely got near it.

13 possessions for a small forward is not really barely got near it. Not saying I thought he was great just saying I thought he was okay without doing anything exciting.

He’s clearly well liked and one of the boys…..suspect that alone will get him another year. And that’s ok……seems like an all-round good egg.

Still don’t see a pathway to a meaningful career for him though.

He’s clearly well liked and one of the boys…..suspect that alone will get him another year. And that’s ok……seems like an all-round good egg.

Still don’t see a pathway to a meaningful career for him though.
Housemates with McGrath and Ridley judging by the recent AFL video ‘Weekend Warriors’.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could he go to the RL and bring Snelling up to the main list ?

Think Snelling has to go on the main list anyway as he’s already had three years on it.

They may want to hold a couple of spots for SSP and Mid season draft selections as well. We did pretty well out of those with Waterman and Durham this year, I expect they’ll want to have that flexibility next year as well

Think Snelling has to go on the main list anyway as he’s already had three years on it.

They may want to hold a couple of spots for SSP and Mid season draft selections as well. We did pretty well out of those with Waterman and Durham this year, I expect they’ll want to have that flexibility next year as well
They're allowed an extra year because of 2020 being no good for developing rookies. But he should be upgraded anyway, he's not a rookie if he's playing 20+ games a year and going top 10 in the BnF.

They're allowed an extra year because of 2020 being no good for developing rookies. But he should be upgraded anyway, he's not a rookie if he's playing 20+ games a year and going top 10 in the BnF.

He got a 2 year deal this year, even if they left him on for another year he'd have to be upgraded the following year anyway

Cahill and Johnson join Mosquito in being thanked by the club for their services.

Initially drafted with pick No.56 in the 2019 NAB AFL Draft, Cahill made six appearances for the Dons in his two seasons with the club – three games each in 2019 and 2020.

General manger, football Josh Mahoney thanked Cahill and Johnson for their contributions to the club.

“On behalf of everyone at Essendon, I’d like to thank both Ned and Lachie for their services during their two years at the club,” Mahoney said.

“They are both terrific young men and it’s always a difficult part of the year having to say goodbye and make these tough decisions.

“We wish them both all the best for the future.”

Holy s**t the club had balls for once, no keeping him around for 5 years trying to see if he will make it

Brilliant decision

Remove this Banner Ad

Back