Delisted #28: Ned Cahill - Not offered a new contract, thanks Ned! - 13/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at the selection in isolation it isn't as bad as first thought. The best part is his 3.8 tackles a game at the championships. A goal a game shows his ability to impact games. Reminds me a little of Gryan Miers in a sense that he is a small forward first and foremost, anything else secondary.

Yes I'm sure he's a quality small forward who has a bright future as a clearance king.

But that highlights package is so underwhelming ha ha. The Josh Green comparisons are real, but I think even the young Josh might have had a bit more pizazz.

The flanker who can hopefully play midfield selection.........
giphy.gif

One day will draft draft a midfielder who can hopefully play midfield.
As far as this kid goes at least he is an improvement on the recent flankers. Plays with a bit of desperation and already has a decent engine and has already had some midfield time although limited.

Pronounced like "carl" from the recent BTV video. Seems strange, like a recent meeting i've had with "Juanita", she incised it pronounced "jah-won-neet-ahh"
No doubt Carl is his new nickname around the club.

Last edited:
Have watched a few of his game involvements clips on the app. I'll get around to watching more at some point, but he looks like a player who loves to move the ball on quickly and is great for fast breaks. Good at releasing players with his fast hands, has outstanding awareness of where teammates are too while in congestion too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the selection in isolation it isn't as bad as first thought. The best part is his 3.8 tackles a game at the championships. A goal a game shows his ability to impact games. Reminds me a little of Gryan Miers in a sense that he is a small forward first and foremost, anything else secondary.

6.12 2km gives him the "Richmond small" running power which is usually overlooked when assessing their effectiveness.

I’m getting a Gryan Miers vibe from him. If it all comes together he could be a fun one to watch.

So we got Carl who Dodo wants to turn into a mid. No way we were getting Flanders but the media department have still got their Simpsons conduit with the plebs, so there's no issue. And he's the steal of the draft as well. Let's go Carl!

He's an interesting one. Value pick, good skills. A forward grouping of Gown, Jones, Mozzie, Cahill and Snelling in the VFL could be interesting.

they say this guy is the steal of the draft....has a bit of brent harvey about him...takes the game on and knows where the goals are...being already pretty well devoloped i can see him playing senior footy next year...excited about this guy like i was last year about guelfi

they say this guy is the steal of the draft....has a bit of brent harvey about him...takes the game on and knows where the goals are...being already pretty well devoloped i can see him playing senior footy next year...excited about this guy like i was last year about guelfi
Who's they?

Small guys lacking in speed and not having an elite kick rarely do much at the top level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back