Delisted #28: Ned Cahill - Not offered a new contract, thanks Ned! - 13/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's they?

Small guys lacking in speed and not having an elite kick rarely do much at the top level

Pauls Medhurst and Chapman would be a good standard to aim for. Still wouldn't be too unhappy with a Gowers type player that late in the draft.

Interestingly a couple of articles have named him as someone who could debut early on this year. But it would seem only the case if 1-2 of Stringer/Fantasia/Walla/Smith went down.

Is it that surprising? I’d assume he’d be fairly plug and play in a similar vein to Gryan Miers or Zak Butters as lightly built first year players that zip around the fringes and run their asses off.

Would take injuries because it’s a position of real strength for us but I could see him playing plenty in the right situation.

Interestingly a couple of articles have named him as someone who could debut early on this year. But it would seem only the case if 1-2 of Stringer/Fantasia/Walla/Smith went down.
I’d assume smith will play more time on ball this season being back to fully fit. Wouldn’t be surprised if Cahill comes into the side as a pure pressure fwd with caracella bringing in the richmond style fwd play.

Is it that surprising? I’d assume he’d be fairly plug and play in a similar vein to Gryan Miers or Zak Butters as lightly built first year players that zip around the fringes and run their asses off.

Would take injuries because it’s a position of real strength for us but I could see him playing plenty in the right situation.
Fairly similar build to Miers, who is 178cm-78kg. Miers probably exceeded all expectations though. I don't expect Cahill to play more than a couple of games here and there.

Hes just got that little bit of aura about him - could be small man syndrome but i reckon its more self-confidence. I reckon he reminds me a bit of young Lleyton Hewitt when he burst on the scene young

That just reminded me of when Hewitt played a game for the Crows, I think it was an exhibition match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ned Cahill: a small forward you can believe in.

Looks ready to play, both in terms of physicality and skills. Odd for Dodoro to draft someone who doesn't look like a pencil.

Cahill looks great in all the highlight videos. Seems to have some very good disposal and decision making. Perhaps not as explosive movement wise as some of our other small forwards but definitely seems to have plenty to work with. Probably could even play already and not look out of place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back