Delisted #28: Ned Cahill - Not offered a new contract, thanks Ned! - 13/8

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the AFL team? A testing ground now?

Remember Gary O'Donnell played over 100 reserves games til he was considered ready for a call up.

Go back and work on a new skill or position til it's ready. If it was good enough for Ridley to languish back there , Langford too, I'm sure Neddy can do it
Those guys played when list sizes were about 60. It was a simpler time, it was a better time.

He isn’t ready and playing out of necessity really. Makes sense to bring in Waterman and let Cahill develop some form in this new role in the 2s. It’s good to get AFL exposure but he also needs a way to develop confidence in himself aswell.

Our list make up is seriously terrible when one of a very select few smal forwards are being played at half back and aren’t best 22 in either position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute liability today. It's bordering cruelty playing him in defence, in fact playing him in the seniors at all. Send him back to the seconds to regain some confidence and work on his skills.

It’s embarrassing that this guy is in our senior side. We’ve seen enough to know that Ned is not going to make it. Delist at the end of the year and make way for others with more potential.

he may be a steady player in lower leagues, but what attributes does he offer that suggest he'll make it at AFL level? He's too short to be a marking target, too slow to be an outside runner, doesnt have the skills to be a link player, and hasnt shown standout poise or decision making. I just dont get why he's in the side at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back