#28 Oscar McDonald - ... aaand he's gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Also I've had a few beers so now so **** all you campaigners, you think I care about being wrong with my player predictions? I'd love nothing more than for Gus and Omac to become superstars and me look like an idiot.
I love nothing more than having a few beers and you looking like an idiot.

On the subject of OMac - he seems pretty durable, other than spraining his ankle in round 1 2016, he doesn't seem to miss games. But you're right, we do have a bit of a problem if he gets injured. Not only position-wise but also from the perspective that he generally plays 100 percent, or near as dammit, of each game, so filling the hole with someone appropriate to the position with similar endurance would be challenging. I think I'm just going to hope for him to stay well.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Your new vendetta is so weird
I don't mind this vendetta. I'm praying that I don't see Frosty (much as I vaguely like him for reasons that I can't define) because I think he has limited footy brain, and also because his inclusion means something somewhere is going wrong - probably on the injury front.

I also don't want to see Pedo anytime soon either. Actually, I think I might have joined some kind of G2B fan club. I hope it is a cult-style affair and I get to dress up in a costume once a year.

I don't mind this vendetta. I'm praying that I don't see Frosty (much as I vaguely like him for reasons that I can't define) because I think he has limited footy brain, and also because his inclusion means something somewhere is going wrong - probably on the injury front.

I also don't want to see Pedo anytime soon either. Actually, I think I might have joined some kind of G2B fan club. I hope it is a cult-style affair and I get to dress up in a costume once a year.
Surely Frost will play when we play sides like Adelaide and West Coast who have multiple dangerous talls?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Surely Frost will play when we play sides like Adelaide and West Coast who have multiple dangerous talls?
Yeah I guess. At least for effect - he looks tall so might give a reassuring impression, at least in the opening stages, of being a good option for aesthetic reasons. I just never feel that he actually plays particularly tall. He's also got a touch of the Harmes Syndrome - I love in theory that they both back themselves in and take the game on, but I love it less when they try to charge though a defender with some kind of delusion of impenetrability only to be called for holding the ball seconds later.

You were big on Frosty Fruits when I last saw you. Canada changed you.
Was big on his pace but definitely not on his defensive ability even before Round 1. You'll see me suggesting before the North game that he not be brought it

giphy.gif

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Being tall means **** all when you don't keep your feet.

Yes. Then he becomes long.

Frost has plenty of promising attributes but he needs to cut out those calamitously boobish errors he seems to make two or three of every quarter. Not sure how long you give a bloke his age though - he really should be doing better on that front than he does. As long as he keeps making titillating *-ups, the further away from our goals, the better. He's also too stupid to play within a decent structure in the forward line. I reckon we could use him floating around on the wing though; would be a prick of a match up for the other side. Maybe a better or more experienced coach would find a way to harness his powers for good instead of cheezils.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yes. Then he becomes long.

Frost has plenty of promising attributes but he needs to cut out those calamitously boobish errors he seems to make two or three of every quarter. Not sure how long you give a bloke his age though - he really should be doing better on that front than he does. As long as he keeps making titillating ****-ups, the further away from our goals, the better. He's also too stupid to play within a decent structure in the forward line. I reckon we could use him floating around on the wing though; would be a prick of a match up for the other side. Maybe a better or more experienced coach would find a way to harness his powers for good instead of cheezils.

Yeah imagine if they could turn him into a tagger. He would be a ******* nightmare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Hibberd and even Jetta can play tall in emergencies, then there's *shudder* Wagner who can do it too on smallish talls like Membrey types and has more runs on the board than Frost.

Just one thing i wanted to say about Omac. We know he has endurance, part of the McDonald family. But the one thing i have noticed an improvement on this season is his ability to read the ball. Watching the Sydney game live, i noticed that he's good at understanding where the ball is going to drop. Protects the drop zone and if up the ground backs himself to mark one on one, because he just holds the spot he knows the ball is going to land in. Good understanding and confidence

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just one thing i wanted to say about Omac. We know he has endurance, part of the McDonald family. But the one thing i have noticed an improvement on this season is his ability to read the ball. Watching the Sydney game live, i noticed that he's good at understanding where the ball is going to drop. Protects the drop zone and if up the ground backs himself to mark one on one, because he just holds the spot he knows the ball is going to land in. Good understanding and confidence

He seemed to have eyes in the back of his head on Friday.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

I struggle to warm to him because he is so ******* calm on the field. I hate how everyone was playing the final at a break neck speed and then Omac just rolls through a contest like he's playing a practice match.

I love Dylan Grimes he plays like it's a GF every week, I'm not saying Omac can't become very good now but I wish the campaigner would do something where it doesn't look like he's in slow mo

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I struggle to warm to him because he is so ******* calm on the field. I hate how everyone was playing the final at a break neck speed and then Omac just rolls through a contest like he's playing a practice match.

I love Dylan Grimes he plays like it's a GF every week, I'm not saying Omac can't become very good now but I wish the campaigner would do something where it doesn't look like he's in slow mo

I like his composure and his kicking is sooo much better than his brother when it comes to hitting a teammate, OMacs biggest weakness isn't his strength (Has improved a fair bit here) but his pace. I think he has that trademark TMac fitness but geez he is slow in a sprint.

Pedantic

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
I like his composure and his kicking is sooo much better than his brother when it comes to hitting a teammate, OMacs biggest weakness isn't his strength (Has improved a fair bit here) but his pace. I think he has that trademark TMac fitness but geez he is slow in a sprint.
Agree with this, he's such a neat kick. Very good at weighting it so it goes to his teammate's advantage.

Is beginning to look a lot more calm and composed with ball in hand as opposed to the panic that would set in earlier in the year.

His decision making now seems slow but good, which I’d rather than the other way around. He’s really needed another big body down back to make him feel at ease I think. That and Frost playing out of his skin really helps.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Some rather embarrassing comments in regards to OMac on this thread. I've been a believer from the start and besides the odd game here and there where he got showed up, I feel he's been just as impressive as some of our highly credentialed young mids. Similar vibe about him to Dylan Grimes. And if you think that's not a compliment, then you clearly haven't been watching the Tigers over the past couple of seasons. Grimes is a gun and very unlucky not to make the AA team. OMac is very capable of being as good if not slightly better that Grimes. Very exciting KPD's in this squad considering Lever, Frost and OMac have shown how good they can be, as well as Keilty looking solid in VFL and Hogan/TMac could easily slot down there if required. It was an area that looked vulnerable in the past few years, however the club has really made it a strength.

Last edited:

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Some rather embarrassing comments in regards to OMac on this thread. I've been a believer from the start and besides the odd game here and there where he got showed up, I feel he's been just as impressive as some of our highly credentialed young mids. Similar vibe about him to Dylan Grimes. And if you think that's not a compliment, then you clearly haven't been watching the Tigers over the past couple of seasons. Grimes is a gun and very unlucky not to make the AA team. OMac is very capable of being as good if not slightly better that Grimes. Very exciting KPD's in this squad considering Lever, Frost and OMac have shown how good they can be, as well as Keilty looking solid in VFL and Hogan/TMac could easily slot down there if required. It was an area that looked vulnerable in the past few years, however the club has really made it a strength.

I'm still yet to believe he can reach the level of Grimes. Grimes is hard as a cats head, brave and he plays with a manic intensity. I still don't see anything special with Omac. Frost already looks better and people thought he was terrible 10 weeks ago.

Omac is better than I thought but still has a lot of work to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back