#28 Oscar McDonald - ... aaand he's gone

Remove this Banner Ad

The Flint Tropics ?
p-semi-pro-will-ferrell.jpg

Oscar will play 250 games for us and be one of our greats by the time he finishes up. He is going to be MFCs own Bruce Doull. Quietly going about his business but getting it done week in week out.
Whenever I see him I think he should be wearing overalls, a straw hat and chewing on some barley grass. His nickname should be Old, it suits him on lots of levels.

Oscar will play 250 games for us and be one of our greats by the time he finishes up. He is going to be MFCs own Bruce Doull. Quietly going about his business but getting it done week in week out.
Whenever I see him I think he should be wearing overalls, a straw hat and chewing on some barley grass. His nickname should be Old, it suits him on lots of levels.

One of our greats?

Wouldn't have thought he would be anywhere near it

One of our greats?

Wouldn't have thought he would be anywhere near it
The bar for ‘greatest ever MFC fullback’ is pretty bloody low

Our best forward and our #1 key defender were both taken with pick 53. Picks like this are what wins clubs premierships.

We need to get Oscar a goal at some point!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Oscar will be quietly nervous if we land May. I can’t see both playing in the same team - May/Lever/Frost is a better mix than May/Oscar/Lever imo

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The coaches will probably back omac first over Frost

I have wanted May at Melbourne for years. So to finally get him with the trade off being Hogan is bittersweet but acceptable.

On top of that O.McDonald (I believe) is starting to show that he is developing to another level. His kicking is getting very much better. So I am glad the team has kept him at the club for another 2 years. He could turn around and do a T.McDonald which would be excellent, but I am not banking on that.

The backline is getting congested now, but I suppose that is a good thing.

Hard to say if I prefer OMac or Frost with May/Lever. Frost offers heaps more at ground level and I reckon he could actually play on small/medium types with a lot of success, but geez his clangers are worse than TMac in the back 50. OMac worries me with how slow he is but he is far more reliable in the air and a much better ball user.

Josh Mahoney called both Frost an Omac young an inexperienced. Personally I'd play May Frost Lever but I've never seen Omac given a chance to be more than a negative defender.

I think the coaches will play Omac May an Lever.
I don't really think Oscar has the attributes to be anything but a negative defender. May is stronger and faster than him.
I reckon if we get him, we'll play May, and Lever when he's fit, as our key defenders and that's it. IMO Oscar and Frost will both miss out unless there's an injury or we play a team like the Eagles who have the ability to stretch us. especially if we are also looking at playing 2 ruckman next year.

May is rather good going forward and has a thumping kick. Would be surprised if Oscar didn't play every game next season.
May could absolutely play Hibberds role against a side with only 1 key. Very underrated kick. Plus if you watch AFL bumps 2016-18 he is in like 7 videos. He's a man of violence an I love it

OMac is a very nice kick, weights them really well. I think he'll play ahead of Frost simply because he's more consistent and his predictability makes it easier for the rest of his teammates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back