#28 Oscar McDonald - ... aaand he's gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Not gonna lie, i like omac and he's had a down season like a lot have this year. But i am very surprised he's played 70 odd games already, i expected it to be a lower number

PATHETIC celebration from the team mates, PATHETIC!! Why even bother? Where's the ******* passion!?!??!?!
You’re such a nutcase :)

I celebrated like crazy if it helps. Did some shouting, got drunk, replayed the moment 15 times etc, woke up in poor shape. It was epic. Friends had to restrain me from heading down the TAB to load up on the new Coleman challenger.

You’re such a nutcase :)

I celebrated like crazy if it helps. Did some shouting, got drunk, replayed the moment 15 times etc, woke up in poor shape. It was epic. Friends had to restrain me from heading down the TAB to load up on the new Coleman challenger.

I know you like to joke and take the micket out of Oscar, but he's seriously the best forward we've had since Neitz. 1 goal in 80 may be considered a slow start by some, but if we ignore everything that happened before the weekend, he's a goal-a-game forward who is young and still developing on his ultimate journey towards smashing Lockett's record.

I know you like to joke and take the micket out of Oscar, but he's seriously the best forward we've had since Neitz. 1 goal in 80 may be considered a slow start by some, but if we ignore everything that happened before the weekend, he's a goal-a-game forward who is young and still developing on his ultimate journey towards smashing Lockett's record.
I’ve crunched the numbers Cannon and you’re right he will eclipse Plugger’s record. He just needs to get to 108,880 career games.

I’ve crunched the numbers Cannon and you’re right he will eclipse Plugger’s record. He just needs to get to 108,880 career games.

That's the absolute worst case, quite negative and fairly insulting to the great man. I'm sure he could do it in no more than 90,000 games.

What a memory, up there with the time James Sellar kicked 5 in a pre season game
What about when Neeld was doing door stops because Shannon “the difference” Byrnes kicked 5 on debut?

In an intra club match:

What about when Neeld was doing door stops because Shannon “the difference” Byrnes kicked 5 on debut?

In an intra club match:
Unfortunately for Byrnes he never came close to topping that performance. Most likely because he never got to play against his team mates in an official game.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately for Byrnes he never came close to topping that performance. Most likely because he never got to play against his team mates in an official game.
Played against the Cats once - 2013 R16 - for 19 disposals and 2 goals.

Arguably his best game for us was 2012 R4 vs Giants. 23 disposals, 3 goals and 2 Brownlow votes.

Still a potato.

Pick 53 and played 70 off games for the club. In anyone's words, that's a success.

He might not have had the toughness or campaigner in him to make it, but he should be rapt to have had a decent career.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him get a gig at Adelaide, dogs or maybe even Sydney

I've disliked him as a player for a long time, but now that he's gone, I think i'm going to miss him.
I like him. Agree with him being a delistable player absolutely. But I’m sad all the same even with the inevitable result

Was always going to go. TMc can be the depth down back and forward. TMc effectively squeezed OMc out once we got Brown and he stayed. He may well get another chance at another club.

Had good patches of form in 2018 and a little after, but too often he was caught behind his man, and was never great in a contest either.

Seems like a really nice bloke though, hope he gets a gig elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back