#28 Oscar McDonald - ... aaand he's gone

Remove this Banner Ad

he has improved but he still makes some stupid mistakes. he is not a good player. sure he can spoil a high ball but he gets easily outbodied. he made 3 mistakes last night that cost us 3 goals

Jones has surprised and impressed me.
I think he’s been ordinary. Not trying to troll you either I promise! He has been pretty unaccountable bar one run with role and he’s been perhaps our worst merchant of the bomb to an outnumber inside 50. His goal kicking seems to be way down too, not that I’ve checked any stats. It seems like he’s not clear on what his role is. I reckon we should be playing him either off the half back or half forward flank and giving him some stability. Given how s**t we’ve been forward, perhaps the hff 75% and mid 25%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never been more wrong about a player in my life. Curse 2016 me.

#theglove

Probably speaks to the idea that people like me should never comment on someone without watching them train and play VFL but I'll be stuffed if anyone except Gysberts2Bate with stars in his eyes thought he could develop like this

Probably speaks to the idea that people like me should never comment on someone without watching them train and play VFL but I'll be stuffed if anyone except Gysberts2Bate with stars in his eyes thought he could develop like this

I’m with you, I thought he looked crap but club seems to have proven us wrong on this. Hopefully we’re also wrong about Hunt...

I've definitely learnt my lesson. As bad as ANB has looked recently, for example, I'm sure he's not far from a return to better footy. Glad I've stuck with Gus.

Think about Oscar is that he was still infuriating 12 months ago, then better at the back end of last season and good enough to be consensus best 22. He's now gone and become a super confident FB who impacts every contest and has learned to kick the ball. He's not Rance, Talia, Tarrant yet, but he's already in the bracket below with Andrews, Pearce, Henderson, Frawley etc

I’m with you, I thought he looked crap but club seems to have proven us wrong on this. Hopefully we’re also wrong about Hunt...
You will be. Hunt has shown more than enough for you to have some faith in him during his first major barren spell. We're still working out where he plays his best footy. Not sure if you were there today, but I was particularly impressed with his 1%ers, ie. getting to contests, and breaking lines, and working the ball through the Saints' midfield scrum, even if he was sloppy at times. He'll come good, don't worry about that. He's too talented and confident not to.

You will be. Hunt has shown more than enough for you to have some faith in him during his first major barren spell. We're still working out where he plays his best footy. Not sure if you were there today, but I was particularly impressed with his 1%ers, ie. getting to contests, and breaking lines, and working the ball through the Saints' midfield scrum, even if he was sloppy at times. He'll come good, don't worry about that. He's too talented and confident not to.

Wasn’t there today but I’ve never had an issue with his off the ball work, just his fumbling kills us as much as Buggs kicking. Also have worries about his ability to find the ball, but as I said I hope you’re right and I’m wrong.

Still on the Weid 420 train though :D

ANB and Hunt have both shown ability at AFL level both are just horrifically out of confidence. ANB went from being our smartest user last year to picking every wrong decision possible this year while Hunt can't seem to sustain anything after the first quarter at the moment.

One thing about Omac is he's very good at using his body to push and smother the ball or players on the ground. He's actually very intelligent down there. Still has the classic Mcdonald brain fart but it's becoming the exception not the rule

Keep the salt coming.

I've had faith in him but I thought it would be at least another 12 months before he could get close to the level he's playing at now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back