Player Watch #28: Taylor Hunt

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously...you only have to compare him to other club's HBFs to realise why he is a whipping boy.
He is so far behind these guys in so many areas it's sad. I feel for him.
He's a run with tagger....that's it. Being asked to do a job he nowhere near has the skills to do.

Seriously...you only have to compare him to other club's HBFs to realise why he is a whipping boy.
He is so far behind these guys in so many areas it's sad. I feel for him.
He's a run with tagger....that's it. Being asked to do a job he nowhere near has the skills to do.
Should be depth only not best 22. Edit should be delisted .

Here we go,Vickerys gone,lets find another poor Tiger to stick our claws into while we sit on our pcs getting fat.
Get serious why is he still on our list Im dead set sick of this club handing out charity list positions to sub standard players like hunt fmd get ruthless rfc and demand the best . Also smasha I'm 53 fit as and not fat .

For what it's worth, he hasn't been our worst in any of the three games, but he's been far from good.
He's our whipping boy, no doubt.
But you need one. While the ordinary performances of guys like Griffiths, BEllis, Lloyd etc. will draw the usual swag of excuses and largely go unchecked, you need that one scapegoat who can carry the blame for poor performance.
Traditionally with Richmond that will be the guy we recruit from elsewhere rather than one we drafted.
Couldn't take the rest of the post seriously once you mentioned Lloyd in that list. Baffling

Here we go,Vickerys gone,lets find another poor Tiger to stick our claws into while we sit on our pcs getting fat.

Hey, who you calling.... hang on, let me finish this McFlurry after my huge bucket of popcorn....fat? ... Oh right you are ;)

Hunt though should be a depth player at Richmond. Every list needs depth players.... some on here are of the opinion that if you aren't best 18, you shouldn't be on the list but that is a warped view of reality. Hunt can do jobs, being a half back flanker who runs and delivers by foot should not be one of those jobs as kicking is not his strong suit. If everyone is fit and available I don't think he is best 22. Not now and definitely not for the future... I don't regard that opinion as making Hunt a whipping boy.... I just don't see him as best 22.

Lloyd kicked 35 goals last year is all I'm saying
Yes, and he barely touched it yesterday.
But we have the usual suspects going into frenzy about Taylor freakin Hunt.
It's amazing how bad performances from some fly under the radar, but Hunt is automatically our worse player every week.
Don'[t get me wrong we do need to do better than this bloke, but we also need to do better in eight other positions.

It's amazing how bad performances from some fly under the radar, but Hunt is automatically our worse player every week.
Don'[t get me wrong we do need to do better than this bloke, but we also need to do better in eight other positions.

Small forwards are generally inconsistent players... Look at rioli/betts

Of course I'm not comparing lloyd to them, but even they have absolute shockers in between ther good games.

Wasn't Lloyd off early with a knee injury/bad corkie? Had ice on it for most of the game.

He had 20% time and was injured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The flip side to this is if you have poor disposal efficiency the more you get it the more it will be noticed. If only had 10 possessions I doubt as many would judge him harshly as he too would fly under the radar.

Dud Delist

Only if Dimma is gone - Dimma seems to love him a bit too much. Perhaps sees shades of his playing self. Time has definitely come for a draftee to take his place at the end of the year. He's far from the worst, but his value is in decline and we wouldn;t go back by much to take a decent rookie that we had a chance to trial.

He came to our club and you wonder why Geelong would delist such a hard working dedicated footballer? Three or four games into his Richmond career it becomes obvious that he has some pretty big flaws in his game eg disposal.
Geelong think they can do better ..my beloved Richmond think Taylor Hunt is just dandy and worth employing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He came to our club and you wonder why Geelong would delist such a hard working dedicated footballer? Three or four games into his Richmond career it becomes obvious that he has some pretty big flaws in his game eg disposal.
Geelong think they can do better ..my beloved Richmond think Taylor Hunt is just dandy and worth employing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HE'S the perfect example of why you draft guys with a FOOTBALL and not athletics background.
Hunt is your stereotypical athlete whose skills were never developed properly.
Yet despite the mantra of seven years ago that we would only be bringing in elite kicks to the mix, we go out and get these guys like Hunt and Hislop before him.
AFL clubs only have so much precious time to devote to righting a persons skills. It's largely expected once you come into the AFL stsem your skills are at a certain level.
I sat among a horde of Cats supporters and each one of them told the same story.
Taylor Hunt is an elite runner and hard at it as anyone and a pretty reasonable run-with player, but his disposal - especially by foot - is ordinary.
I found this interesting from Neil Balme in the Geelong Addy from October 2014.

“He probably won’t have a spot on our list, unfortunately,” football manager Neil Balme said on SEN last night.
“That’s just the way it is. You don’t have enough numbers (on your list) unfortunately, that’s just the way it will be for Taylor.
“I’m pretty sure he will find another club, but I’m not quite sure who that will be.”

I'll take that as he won;t survive the cull at the end of 2017.

HE'S the perfect example of why you draft guys with a FOOTBALL and not athletics background.
Hunt is your stereotypical athlete whose skills were never developed properly.
Yet despite the mantra of seven years ago that we would only be bringing in elite kicks to the mix, we go out and get these guys like Hunt and Hislop before him.
AFL clubs only have so much precious time to devote to righting a persons skills. It's largely expected once you come into the AFL stsem your skills are at a certain level.
I sat among a horde of Cats supporters and each one of them told the same story.
Taylor Hunt is an elite runner and hard at it as anyone and a pretty reasonable run-with player, but his disposal - especially by foot - is ordinary.
I found this interesting from Neil Balme in the Geelong Addy from October 2014.

“He probably won’t have a spot on our list, unfortunately,” football manager Neil Balme said on SEN last night.
“That’s just the way it is. You don’t have enough numbers (on your list) unfortunately, that’s just the way it will be for Taylor.
“I’m pretty sure he will find another club, but I’m not quite sure who that will be.”

I'll take that as he won;t survive the cull at the end of 2017.
Pretty amazing find there GD. I would have to say I was of the few at the time that had the same opinion. Here we are almost three years later and he has practically walked into our side for two years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back