AFL Player #28: Xavier Duursma 🏹

Archery or no archery?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Seemed a different player his last year or two at Port to the guy we saw in his first year. Understand a few concussions impacted his attack on the footy…..which can happen.

He’s back to playing with flair and he’s certainly brave. Very happy with him.

Good to see Xavier play some good footy even if he's in the wrong colours 😔
i think you’ll find that a number of us (me included) were skeptical bringing him in but he’s been a genuine weapon over the past few weeks. very solid & consistent player

i think you’ll find that a number of us (me included) were skeptical bringing him in but he’s been a genuine weapon over the past few weeks. very solid & consistent player
Last couple of years at port weren't so good... But was quite often rushed back from injury and I believe he lost alot of confidence.

Hopefully gets a good run with you guys (injury free) and gets back to his best.

He does have his weaknesses but will work hard for you guys and give 100% effort (Love those sort of players)

Last couple of years at port weren't so good... But was quite often rushed back from injury and I believe he lost alot of confidence.

Hopefully gets a good run with you guys (injury free) and gets back to his best.

He does have his weaknesses but will work hard for you guys and give 100% effort (Love those sort of players)
What role was he playing at Port? looks like he has made the wing his own for us.

What role was he playing at Port? looks like he has made the wing his own for us.
Wing as well for us... But we don't seem to use our wings as much as other teams.

Think they tried to bulk him up a bit (2ish years ago?) to give him a run in the middle but that didn't work out very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing little patch of form. 3 excellent efforts in a row. I was sitting high on the wing and he was one of the few blokes running flat out to help out down back...others were plodding through the middle. (Goldy and Hobbs run flat out as well one time).
Bulldogs didn't expose it but we still are very slow to react and push back defensively.

Ball watching is hard habit to break and seems pretty ingrained in majority of our list.

He's more defensively accountable than Redman. I wouldn't exactly rate Duursma's delivery i50 nor his score involvements (albeit early days). Would that possibly open up a positional switch to HBF?

Again, not running a ruler through him as a winger. Just think every player needs a 2nd role in the team and he might be better suited off HBF than off HFF.

He's more defensively accountable than Redman. I wouldn't exactly rate Duursma's delivery i50 nor his score involvements (albeit early days). Would that possibly open up a positional switch to HBF?

Again, not running a ruler through him as a winger. Just think every player needs a 2nd role in the team and he might be better suited off HBF than off HFF.
pretty handy finisher so i’d like him closer to goal, unless he busts out a longbow i suppose

I think it's more the opposite because of that reason. Because he's got quite good natural defensive instincts, I like him as a winger who can provide that extra number in defense, rather say he can be 1 of our 6. Wingers who can get up and down the ground deep at both ends, particularly defensively, to be an extra body are worth their weight in gold.

Back