Delisted #29: Alwyn Davey- Not offered a contract for 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad to see Froggy go. Was a much respected member of the club and much loved to.

Unfortunately with list and contract situations he had to go. Good luck in the future endeavors Frog!

I think this is the correct decision, given that it was out of him and Pears. But by the same token, it'll be a shame to see him gone.

100 games is a solid return, and if not for doing his hamstring so early on, he probably would have been an even better player. Was very good in patches, but ultimately just had too many holes in his game. At 29, he was unlikely to get any better. And with Chapman arriving, he was unlikely to get a game next year.

Best of luck, Alwyn.

Upgrade dell'olio now

Not that we can...but why? Cory is dead set average! It is a hole in our list but we can't keep average small forwards for the sake of it.

Easily our best CHF forward of the last couple of seasons :rolleyes: and he was always rated "most annoying teammate" in interviews with the boys which I liked!

But on a serious note, Froggy was my favourite player for a long time and I will miss seeing him run players down and tackle them before they even know what has happened...

I think this is the correct decision, given that it was out of him and Pears. But by the same token, it'll be a shame to see him gone.

100 games is a solid return, and if not for doing his hamstring so early on, he probably would have been an even better player. Was very good in patches, but ultimately just had too many holes in his game. At 29, he was unlikely to get any better. And with Chapman arriving, he was unlikely to get a game next year.

Best of luck, Alwyn.
Yep, in 2007 he was fantastic. That hamstring injury really set him back though and cost him.

Easily our best CHF forward of the last couple of seasons :rolleyes: and he was always rated "most annoying teammate" in interviews with the boys which I liked!

But on a serious note, Froggy was my favourite player for a long time and I will miss seeing him run players down and tackle them before they even know what has happened...
Yeah I agree. Especially in 2007. Whenever I was mucking around with my mates at school I was always pretending to be Davey.

I'd snap it and yell, "And Davey kicks the goal!!!" ;)

Well pick 55... But no, they shouldn't.
obviously it's theoretically possible, but with disco saying we'll take in two live picks, plus the previous announcement of Dalgleish's upgrade, it's just very, very unlikely.

Sad to see him go, he was still great to watch even this year, and an accurate set shot, even if he couldn't jump over a credit card or kick over 45.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

excellent! clearing out the dead wood. next: Jetta

This is the best and worst time of the year for mine. On one hand it's great to see fresh faces at the club but on the other when a player you like gets cast aside like old furniture it really sucks. I hope the club offers delisted players a heap of support so they can put themselves back on their feet and succeed post footy.

Agree with the decision, thanks for the efforts. Surely there is a permanent spot for him in the magoos?
You would have thought the same thing about some of the other delistings in recent years- guys like Dyson.

Some of them just prefer to go back and play suburban footy, or go back to their original states.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back