Player Watch #29 Angus Sheldrick - welcome to the Bloods

Remove this Banner Ad

SeanM

All Australian
Oct 17, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
From SMH article

Sydney’s two draft selections from Western Australia Angus Sheldrick and Corey Warner will remain in Western Australia until January as will the Western Bulldogs’ Arthur Jones - one of three players from the state drafted to a Victorian club in the national draft.
If players in Western Australia headed east before Christmas they would need to spend 14 days in quarantine to head home for the break, so clubs have decided it is better for the players to remain in Perth where they are for the time being.

Warner’s brother, Chad, and Sydney’s first pick from last year’s draft, Logan McDonald, are also in Western Australia and the quartet will train with each other in the pre-Christmas period. Assistant coach Don Pyke was also in Perth when the national draft was held and has already caught up with Sheldrick.

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Angus has taken the Luke Parker comparisons a bit too seriously it seems...

56A429EE-46BC-4EB5-8021-CA0B021E2CB7.jpeg

Wolftone

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2012
Lilyfield
AFL Club
Sydney
I think it is really amusing that all those people who were bemoaning Gulden's lack of height are the same ones praising Gus. I mean all the people who said 'he' s just too short or I worry about how short he is, are now the same ones saying Gus will be the next Kennedy @ 179cm. Kennedy is 189cm.

But he might just turn out OK.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rustycrate

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
I think it is really amusing that all those people who were bemoaning Gulden's lack of height are the same ones praising Gus. I mean all the people who said 'he' s just too short or I worry about how short he is, are now the same ones saying Gus will be the next Kennedy @ 179cm. Kennedy is 189cm.

But he might just turn out OK.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
As usual it is quite amusing that you are continually way off the mark in both your facts and your conclusion of said facts.
The fact that you doubt Sheldrick's future (might) is on you.

Grand Uncle Horace

Hall of Famer
May 24, 2017
Old South Grandstand
AFL Club
Sydney
As usual it is quite amusing that you are continually way off the mark in both your facts and your conclusion of said facts.
The fact that you doubt Sheldrick's future (might) is on you.

10cm difference between JPK and Angus is one thing, a greater point of difference is the burst of breakaway speed and two way running the young bull is capable of.

JPK's height and ability meant he has always been a marking threat. We used to see this years ago when he was able to drift forward.

I always hoped he would develop playing fwd as a 2ndry string to his bow as Parker has done. For whatever reason this did not happen and he is now a NFL special teams type player. In 2021 he spent Nic Nat type %s on the pine. When he plays in 2022, I expect his tog to fall below 60%.

Kiama Chris

Club Legend
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
Interesting that Angus is training with the forward group and in his interview mentioned playing as a smaller forward. Was mentioned in Training too I think.
Interesting.

Deccas

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Interesting that Angus is training with the forward group and in his interview mentioned playing as a smaller forward. Was mentioned in Training too I think.
Interesting.
Looks like his apprenticeship will be served in the forward line. Seems right, he has a knack for scoring goals. He's not exactly a "set up the team from composed use off half back" type. More of a crash bash and make something happen type. I reckon he will learn a lot from papley and really thrive in there until his oppurtities in the middle arrive.

Millky95

Starchild > You
Jul 6, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Renegades
Looks like his apprenticeship will be served in the forward line. Seems right, he has a knack for scoring goals. He's not exactly a "set up the team from composed use off half back" type. More of a crash bash and make something happen type. I reckon he will learn a lot from papley and really thrive in there until his oppurtities in the middle arrive.
Also might mean he can be involved in forward 50 stoppages which will be fun to see

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad