Player Watch #12 Angus Sheldrick

Last edited by a moderator:
Now before people go mental because Sheldrick wasn't due to go round 1.

- He had a brilliant end of the season
- Tough as nails, can find the ball (something our mids can struggle with) has break away speed
- Beat Horne one on one
- Is known to have a great attitude
- Similar height and weight to Neale so I am not worried about his size.

Finally I'm backing in our recruiters who have watched all these games in full rather than those who have watched a few highlights videos. I don't believe in ruling players out before you have even seen them pull in our jumper.

P.s Angus if you are reading this post/ thread. Welcome to the club can't wait for you to hopefully be a massive success.

Last edited:

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
Angus should be just about cherry ripe when Joey retires at the end of 2022. With more kg to add to his already muscular frame he could easily be Lachie Neale MKII.
Good breakaway speed and kicking on both sides sees him fit pretty well into our game plan. That's the idea anyway.
Had him more likely at our second pick though!

Skeparovic

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Anyone who watch his video get the Dan Hannebery vibe from his speech mannerisms and nervous energy? Sheldrick seems to have the same white line fever (no puns or innuendo intended) in his blood as Dan and I sure wouldn't want to get between him and the footy in a training drill.

Welcome to the Swans family Angus and kudos for your hard work and commitment to get drafted in the first round.👏

Back