Bloods86

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Everton, Socceroos
Rd 1 lock for me. Kinnear and the club seem enamoured with him already. Sounds like the sort of bloke not to take a backward step day 1 of pre season
Reckon they'll be handing out the footballs for drills and a fight for one will break out between Corey, Errol and Angus. Chad will come over to impose himself, but Errol and Angus won't bat an eye. None of the coaches will risk intervening.

Edit: Kirky might wander over and give a spiel about being calm and present, they'll ignore him, at which point he'll unzip his training jacket as if to enter the fray and if the kids have any sense, they'll quietly apologise and get back in line.

Last edited:

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Reckon they'll be handing out the footballs for drills and a fight for one will break out between Corey, Errol and Angus. Chad will come over to impose himself, but Errol and Angus won't bat an eye. None of the coaches will risk intervening.

Edit: Kirky might wander over and give a spiel about being calm and present, they'll ignore him, at which point he'll unzip his training jacket as if to enter the fray and if the kids have any sense, they'll quietly apologise and get back in line.

Gotta say I’m pleased you said training jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Apologies if already posted, but couldn't see it;

Interesting article about Beefy and also his family (a fair old sporting pedigree and Gus himself was a State junior hockey rep).

In the lead-up to the draft WA Football Commission State talent manager Adam Jones likened Sheldrick to Gold Coast Sun Matt Rowell as a player “you fall in love with”.
“Gussy is a player that when you’ve involved with him, you fall in love with him because of how he competes,.....
Sheldrick described as “a super big highlight” his appointment as football captain at Christ Church. “Just being able to lead my mates and for them to have voted me in and think of me as the right person to lead them was great.

And in relation to Dalrymple and the traits he looks for;
(Sheldrick) “Probably just being clean with my hands and not fumbling as well, which has probably been my best attribute this year and something that’s got a lot better.

Not a guy you imagine will ever walk away thinking I could have done more.
Good to have him onboard.

PS Article mentions he is the 13th player to play for South Melb/Sydney, including premiership hero Mitch Morton.
Barry Beecroft holds the 'record' with 71 games.
Walk in the park for young Beefy.

Watched him again in a WA v SA u19 Game.

You will laugh. Hair is a bit darker but he could have been one of the Goss lads, but the Port player he reminded me of most was Billy Swan. He is a hard nosed, competitive and natural footy player.

He even wore old fashioned black footy boots. No dyed blonde hair, no man bun, no weird 'scaping gets a tick.

Angus gives every appearance of being a very smart player.

A well balanced fitness/running program may see him drop a keg or two but I am not worried about that at all. Chiefly because after being in and and under and doing hard work for 4 quarters he was still able to scoot away in the last minute to kick the sealer for WA.
What is this seriously weird penchant all you guys seem to have about hair-styles?

I mean the kids a bull... hard working, eminently coachable, admired and respected by peers and coaches alike... and you're lauding his hair-style?!!!

Very odd indeed imo... :rolleyes::eek:

PS Welcome Angus!!! I'm thrilled you're joining us!!!

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
What is this seriously weird penchant all you guys seem to have about hair-styles?

I mean the kids a bull... hard working, eminently coachable, admired and respected by peers and coaches alike... and you're lauding his hair-style?!!!

Very odd indeed imo... :rolleyes::eek:

PS Welcome Angus!!! I'm thrilled you're joining us!!!
Teams with man-buns and top-knots do not win premierships.

Hair matters.

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Another article from the Swans website (again didn't see it on here);

Beatson commentating on Beefy;
“It’s fair to say Angus is a bit of a bolter .....
“He is a rotund little player but is as ‘hard as a cats head’, really good contested ball winner but also gets out into some space, gets some loose ball which is important and has a penetrating left foot kick.
“But to us he seems like one of these kids that if you challenge him to something, he will prove to you that you were wrong and that’s a great attribute to have in a young player.”

Similar character assessment to the WAFC talent manager.
Imagine the coaches will love that attitude.

Oct 17, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
The 4 WA boys could potentially develop tight bonds training in a small group away from everyone else. And it will probably be the same every off season in WA when they need to do some training together before the preseason starts. Hopefully it helps them settle into the club.

Also they all seem to have fairly driven personalities so they will probably make the most of training remotely.

Back