Player Watch #12 Angus Sheldrick

Remove this Banner Ad

Best thing about Sheldrick is he's a player who has risen to whatever level he's been selected. Even in his debut, he wasa forward pocket kinda starved of opportunties but didn't look off the pace when the ball came his way.

Similar story when he was a school footy player and suddenly found himself playing for WA. He stepped up and did his role whatever the level.

Just got to hope that eventually extends to being a full-time AFL midfielder, but past history suggests he's got the mentality for it at the very least.
I'm hoping another preseason at the Swans has him primed to push the established players out and have a decent run at it. I saw C88 said he thought that Sheldrick was like Parker. At the time I read it, I disagreed. But the more I thought about it, I agreed. He is the guy, hopefully, who will play at centre bounces and be that hard uncompromising player that is ferocious and just consistent every game like Parker.
BTW he is a very hard at it player, but nothing I have ever seen does he resort to dirty play. He is just focused on the football and playing hard footy.

His style of play reminds me so much of a Viney/Liberatore type of player. Nuggetty left footer, deceptively quick or agile, smart around goals, hard as a cat's head and disciplined. Want to see him in the side ASAP in 2023. Logan too.
Not sure being compared to Liberatore is a compliment ….?

Not sure being compared to Liberatore is a compliment ….?
Liberatore is literally the only Bulldogs player I genuinely rate. Not in a "gee he is fun to watch" way, but in a "wins you games of footy" way. They're a rubbish group of front-runners without him

The Dogs midfield doesn't work without Libba doing the grunt work
Everyone knows this. Commentators even know this.

Yet they still worship the guys around him more.

Footy media are the dumbest contingent this side of Qanon followers.

If Sheldrick models his game off Liberatore and studies how he goes about it, we will have a star on our hands.

If Sheldrick models his game off Liberatore and studies how he goes about it, we will have a star on our hands.
Apparently old mate Dubai Quacker didn't know this lmao.

Gotta agree about footy media, they're stupid as all * and their obsession with marketing individuals is ridiculous. "Oh we have Lions vs Port, Neale vs Wines, Rozee vs Cameron" Like shut the * up. The only time individual matchups should be talked about in that context are KPF vs KPD and Ruck duels, but it's always 2 mids that definitely won't play on each other or two forwards who won't go near each other. Also AFL might be the sport where the individual matters the least in comparison to the sum of the parts

I heard Liberatore is secretly helping Donald Trump fight a global group of satanic sex traffickers headed by Hillary Clinton and Alistair Clarkson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liberatore is a gun, has Viney well covered too. Volunteers his time and works with homeless charities

Weird thing to say
It's OK, he's a nice fella by all accounts, unlike the dog.
Perhaps he's changed, and I can't discredit the work he has done for charity, but I believe he was one of the players who allegedly bullied Tom Boyd to the point that he took time off, and probably contributed to his early retirement, along with Stringer (apparently the main culprit) and Dahlhaus.

Perhaps he's changed, and I can't discredit the work he has done for charity, but I believe he was one of the players who allegedly bullied Tom Boyd to the point that he took time off, and probably contributed to his early retirement, along with Stringer (apparently the main culprit) and Dahlhaus.

Pretty dumb bullying your own team mates!

The Gus Sheldrick thread has become tainted by the foul reek of Bravedog.
And today's Back On Track award goes to DB!! :smilev1:

Choo Choo Vintage GIF by US National Archives

Remove this Banner Ad

Back