Past #29: Brent Harvey - drafted w/ #47 in '95 ND - 432 games/518 goals for NM - AFL games record holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we get our trusty QC onto it.....and Boomer returns midway through next year.

Will is on the Tribunal panel, he can't represent us. Some would say that is a positive after the Ziebell injustice...

Wells is pretty lucky to get a week tbo when you compare the bump with Fyfe's one and the whack in the guts didn't look great.
The whack in the guts is a reprimand with early plea ordinarily, but any time a guy gets concussed from a bump when the tackle option is there, they're in trouble with the MRP, except if you're Buddy

Can we challenge the tribunal verdict? Is there an appeals system?

If we he gets 3 or 4, then we are better off challenging anyway, nothing to lose really. He gets 3 or 4, he's out for this year, we challenge and he gets more, he's still out for this year, so we're no worse off.

We need to bend over and get rogered at the Tribunal before we can challenge, even then, on what grounds are we going to challenge on?

Wells is pretty lucky to get a week tbo when you compare the bump with Fyfe's one and the whack in the guts didn't look great.
The whack in the guts is a reprimand with early plea ordinarily, but any time a guy gets concussed from a bump when the tackle option is there, they're in trouble with the MRP, except if you're Buddy

Fyfe has Ziebell like loading, Wells has a good record and will end up on almost another game suspension full of loading, that is the difference between a good and poor record.

I can't fault Wells for going for the bumb, however, he hasn't played footy since round 5, you need a pretty good eye to land them flush, and his eye was way out in most things during the game, it was a dumb move to bump, should have tackled. If he challenges, his best hope is to argue that he expected Higgins to hear footsteps and fumble the ball as he s**t his pants so tackling wouldn't have been an option. :p

Do we expect Picken to give " evidence " a la Scotty Thompson for Stevie J and keep the players code alive :rolleyes:

Picken has form with that - Ablett was cited for elbowing him this year and Picken told the tribunal there was nothing in it

We need to bend over and get rogered at the Tribunal before we can challenge, even then, on what grounds are we going to challenge on?
That depends on what the verdict is and what they base it on. But I reckon there could be enough to suggest we'd have grounds to challenge.
As I said, we've got nothing to lose. Better to have tried and failed than not to have tried at all.

Okay.

Basically this has been graded as misconduct (other) which goes straight to the tribunal.

Technically we could get it moved into the rough conduct category we would be better, since the rough conduct is relevant to the elbow to the throat.

For boomer to play in a final he would need to get a level two rough conduct which would be based upon
Reckless
Medium
Body

If it's classed as high he goes to level three and 325 activation points.

Now as it states I believe that you cannot plead guilty with the misconduct but if the charge is downgraded changed would he be eligible for the 25% early plea? That would be favorable

Ideally then loading is reduced to 15% not 40.

If this works then he would miss two games and be available for the final.

Otherwise we are up s**t creek

That depends on what the verdict is and what they base it on. But I reckon there could be enough to suggest we'd have grounds to challenge.
As I said, we've got nothing to lose. Better to have tried and failed than not to have tried at all.

We have plenty to lose; Pride, Respect, Honesty, etc. To what extent are we going to fabricate an excuse that elbowing even a no talent hack in the throat for being an annoying pigrooter is an acceptable act?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very disappointed with Boomer after seeing the video of this. A selfish act which could impact our finals campaign. Wouldn't be surprised if he got a minimum of 2 weeks and with his bad record if taken into account wouldn't surprise me if he got 4. Either way there was no reason for him to do what he did.

Picken didn't react that strongly to it, hoping that counts for something

Best we can hope for is 'insufficient force and insufficient duration' to warrant a match suspension and ask for a fine instead, given misconduct straight to the tribunal doesn't have any points system to follow.

Even then, it is a crap shoot given everyone in the media is ready to string up any of our players.

Reports directly to the tribunal for misconduct

Judd 4
Lake 4
Vickery 3

So what should people expect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back