Past #29: Brent Harvey - AFL / North Melbourne games record holder (432gms/518gls) - thanks Boomer

Oct 7, 2009
The Y Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
clearly there are people on here with young children. Whilst mine are now adults, they grew up and are still roos members, not because i brainwashed them (well maybe), but because they could see that North made me happy and i guess they wanted to share in that joy.

I'm sorry Mrs Harvey, but kids of that age just aren't that smart. If they are making decisions about not wanting to support North anymore, it's more coming from the bad vibes oozing out of their parents and dare i say it grand parents.

Must be a pretty shitty household to be living in at the moment, full of sooky, resentful, grudge holding people. And to be honest, if they continue down this path, possibly alienate themselves from North and the general footy world

It's one thing for her kids to react and put on an opposing jumper, it's completely disrespectful to deliberately post it online with hashtags #godoggies

Cooper Harvey - BFN..AWB...AAK.

Not going to stick the boots in over this Woman's Day-esque shite but, yeah, it doesn't exactly scream classy response from the Boomers.

Maybe it's a pitch. You know what they say - lie down with dogs...possibly snare a 1-year deal.

Uber poster

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The fans didn't sack boomer, she obviously didn't take two seconds to think how our fans would feel about this. The same fans that paid to see boomer, that paid to read his book, that went berserk in support of brent when the news broke.

It's one thing for her kids to react and put on an opposing jumper, it's completely disrespectful to deliberately post it online with hashtags #godoggies

Poor form. Ungrateful form.
s**t i didn't see that hashtag (in fairness there are that many), or the #bemorebulldog one. :eek::eek:

Uber poster

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Before anyone posts anything too harsh (probably too late) please spare a thought for Twinkletoes and blackshadow

They will be the big footy reps at the syd. I assume shayne is the type of person who reads big footy so let's not be responsible for them getting a verbal lashing for her or a beatdown by boomer. If you do, please be courtious enough to film it or write down every detail so we can laugh at your expense.

TruRoos7

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
s**t i didn't see that hashtag (in fairness there are that many), or the #bemorebulldog one. :eek::eek:

Exactly, kids are fickle, but normally it's through peer pressure or to spite thier parents or siblings that they change teams.
If, as is stated by Shayne, that coop changed his more than he had hot breakfasts, did she at anytime post anything online anywhere about that.
Not that anyone was aware of, social media didn't just pop up last week and coops is 12 so farcebook, Twatter etc have been around for awhile.
Her posting this with all the # jizz about the dogs was just a jab at the club without any thought for the supporters, who were up in arms about boomers axing..
Selfish..

Last edited by a moderator:

TruRoos7

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Its because you guys start so many Dogs threads on your own board we like to come back from time to time to see how they are going.

Yeah it's kind of like waving a red rag at a bull then expecting it to turn into a cow so you can milk some more laughs out of it..

Fraud Squad

Senior List
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's always been a selfish campaigner, this just proves it.

Just happy I didn't waste my time with his record breaking match or with any memorabilia, it's never been about the club, it's always been about him.

To all the supporters who said they wouldn't renew their membership on the back of not signing him up for another underserved year, I hope you hold you heads in shame that you could ever choose this divisive selfish campaigner over the club.

He derailed what could have been a premiership year for ~$250k after being paid the best part of $10m over his entire career with us.

Last edited by a moderator:

theboyfrombalga

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2009
Balga
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone who actually cares to comment on the actions of the wife or young children of an ex-player seriously needs to get out more. Quite pathetic really.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
That was my immediate thought. I pictured a sullen Boomer wandering in through the Yarrambat manor's grand entrance dragging his sports bag full of kit from his cleaned out locker and Shayne going off her chops, houso style, all within earshot of Coops and co.

Visitors to the house would've echoed those sentiments too I bet.

They're just kids who love footy, and love their dad.

Sound like an audition for "The Real Wives of Yarrambat"

I would ask that posters refrain from attacking Harvey's family in the manner that they have. I've deleted some, quite frankly, abhorrent posts in this thread over the last couple of pages and edited some others.

As has been explained by Shayne herself on Instagram, Cooper and Hudson are prone to changing teams often and that they're likely to switch back.

I realise the wounds are raw on both sides of the fence, and yes, post away about the article mentioning the kids changing teams and how Booker has treated he club since his departure, but attacking Shayne's looks doesn't do much for anyone.

Its because you guys start so many Dogs threads on your own board we like to come back from time to time to see how they are going.
Not really, you are an attention seeker and you are seeking validation for your team's success. In an extremely brave manner, you have come here simply to rub our noses into your success. That is to be expected, well done on your success.

There's been two threads on our board this year related to you guys, the same amount we have about Richmond, you're not that special. Your excuse of the mean north posters bagging my brave club all year reeks of pure pain and meltiness.

You guys have written just as much about us and Higgins injury to last a few days worth of reading, so off the little moral high horse you go.

If you are not going to contribute, there isn't much point you being on this board.

Last edited:

mighty mick

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 10, 2002
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
aussie cricket team
Please note that people attacking boomer over an article about his kid getting a dogs jumper should take a hard look at themselves. Shayne has started that Cooper is an eleven year old kid who has a collection of jumpers, pies saints north Tassie, and now dogs, don't get baited by media. Boomer was a pie supporter as a kid

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back