Past #29: Brent Harvey - AFL / North Melbourne games record holder (432gms/518gls) - thanks Boomer

Remove this Banner Ad

Just such a legend, would love to go watch him this year.

He must love the 2:10 Saturday thing each week.

The ol selling candy, aint no way he hand balled.

181da901c064a65a4ca25c7719b0d66c

Are you seriously suggesting his talent and output would not have justified him being on a AFL list year?
I'm seriously saying any news from games he plays now proves nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look ... look at the jumpers.

I'm jumping the bath with a two bar radiator.[/QUOTE

Yep, the North Heidelberg bulldogs (Northern Football League)playing the Oak Park kangaroos (Essendon District Football League) Harvey's team won easily and should be back in Division 1 next season.

Delighted for him, couldn't be happier - but since when did any achievements at this level prove anything about AFL listworthiness?
He was always gonna dominate at this level.
He held back a bit too. Hes a class above anyone hell play alongside or against.
Spoke to a few of the boys who played on Saturday and most were in awe at how quick he really is at his age.

I'm seriously saying any news from games he plays now proves nothing.
Apart from proving that us letting him go was the wrong call.

I find it poor management that we moved on one of our best performers when he was at the peak of his game, and would definitely helped us to win games this year, just to free up space on our staff roster to see if our juniors could cut it from next year and beyond. That's not how you run a successful organization.

Apart from proving that us letting him go was the wrong call.

I find it poor management that we moved on one of our best performers when he was at the peak of his game, and would definitely helped us to win games this year, just to free up space on our staff roster to see if our juniors could cut it from next year and beyond. That's not how you run a successful organization.
Well, it doesn't. Kicking ten in a local league gets you a novelty spot in the Legends game, not an AFL list spot.

If you believe it was wrong to let him go at the end of last year you will still think so, and the same in reverse - and if like me you aren't especially convinced either way, performances for Heidelberg against who-gives-a-* FC shouldn't change that view. I doubt the 17 AFL clubs who didn't want to give him a year's contract this year are worrying too much either.

I am sure Boomer could have contributed on field this year. I also like that we will see Turner or Simpkin rewarded or Garner back on the field for NMFC sooner than we would have.

I don't know why we can't just be happy that he is playing with his brother like he always wanted to and has had a great day out.

Brent Harvey delivered another classy performance on the weekend for North Heidelberg as they cruised to a 47-point win.

The Heidelberg Leader reports that the AFL games record-holder "had the ball on a string", while his brother also had a quality day at the office.

Boomer finished the game with more than 40 disposals and 2 goals - while Shane Harvey took his season total to 18 goals by kicking 7.

Shane said playing with his brother has been a revelation for the club.

“It is a lot easier playing with him in the side,” Shane said.

“The first two games he has been outstanding, or the two out of the three games he has played.”

You can watch the NFL game in full here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back