Past 29. Cameron Polson

Remove this Banner Ad

ahead of Cuningham?
Disclaimer: I'm terrible at this.

But yes, why not? What has Cunners done to stake a claim on a round 1 spot? More than Polson? Yeah, fair enough, but now I'm just arguing with myself.
I stand by it, but there's still a lot of track work and NAB games to go and much can change.

I'm jumping on the Polson train. Don't know why, but I reckon this kid could play round 1.

Disclaimer: I'm terrible at this.

Im a bit the same. I just reckon he will play. He's an impressive kid all around. Like to see a midfield of Cripps SPS Cuningham Polson Fisher & Murphy all rotating through the forward line. With Byrne out and Tuohy gone Gibbs could be an option off HB

I think Polson will be a lot further advanced than many expect. Absolute awesome SOS dodginess kept him off the radar of other recruiters. I hope he will be a regular early on too.

Hoping all these draftees get to play NAB and just dominate.

Wouldn't be shocked if Silvagni noticed him in a game Jack was playing. If he won the B&F at Haileybury, he was playing in the 1sts team, and might have played against Jack (who played most of the season for Xavier from memory).

old-el-paso-gif.gif

Hasn't played in a while and like Cuningham he might look good in training but I doubt he'll be anywhere close to playing in the first half of the season.
Seems a naturally attacking player, so I think he's got a chance to push quickly for a spot off HF.

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not but I've been told Hawthorn had told him they'd take him at their first pick (76?).

Same bloke also mentioned that Mitchell Lewis (the guy they ended up taking) is an absolute spud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Polson will be a lot further advanced than many expect. Absolute awesome SOS dodginess kept him off the radar of other recruiters. I hope he will be a regular early on too.

Hoping all these draftees get to play NAB and just dominate.
If they're fit they'll get their chance. We know what we're going to get from our senior players, why not give the kids a chance.

For those who want some more highlights from Cam's year at Haileybury/Sandy - he reminds me of Nathan Hrovat in a lot of ways.

Has leadership, lightnight speed and agility, excellent reader of the ball, good goal-sense and finishing, is a terrier when tackling... what's not to like?!

Very early, but I'm claiming him as #MyBoy If he can get his body right for preseason, he could surprise a few and give Wright, Sumner and co a run for their money in 2017.

Watching these Haileybury highlights CP reminds me of a mix between Campo (later in career when more aggressive) and Murph - can only hope...

There is an article in my kids primary school newsletter congratulating Cam as he went there. He was house captain in year 6 and an outstanding footballer.
Quality ingrained in this kid it seems.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

There is an article in my kids primary school newsletter congratulating Cam as he went there. He was house captain in year 6 and an outstanding footballer.
Quality ingrained in this kid it seems.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Please tell me he was in blue house?

I know its mainly footage of him cutting up school kids (and he's clearly a level or two above them) but wow. We had a (Freo) AFL listed player play for UWA against us in the Murdoch v UWA footy match and he was doing the same thing (slicing us up and making us look silly). Just clearly at a whole different level above.

Christ he moves like Murphy. Its freakishly similar. Havent seen anything like it since Jack last year (who moves exactly like his dad).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back