Yabby Medal votes: 0

Averages

Kicks: 5.0 per game
Handballs: 9.5 per game
Disposals: 14.5 per game
Marks: 3.5 per game
Tackles: 2.5 per game

Milestones

First career AFL game (round 21, 2019 versus GWS Giants)
First career win (round 21, 2019 versus GWS Giants)
Career high kicks (7), handballs (11), marks (4) and disposals (18) in a game (round 22, 2019 versus Gold Coast Suns)

Standout

Round 22, 2019 (versus Gold Coast Suns): In his second AFL game, Jiath gave notice of his potential, collecting 18 disposals and laying three tackles against the Suns. His irrepressible enthusiasm for the game was on display for all to see.

Shocker

Round 21, 2019 (versus GWS Giants): Jiath made his debut for Hawthorn in unique conditions in the history of the AFL, with snow falling at times during the game. Although by no means a terrible performance, it did take him some time to feel comfortable, but the Hawks dominated the Giants from start to finish to give Jiath a winning start to his AFL career.

43 - Changkuoth Jiath (2018)

Needs to clean up his decision making, Great bursts, Good reader of the player just needs to make a few better decisions, Feel those two games were more to get him used to the speed and know what he needs to work on to make a career for himself.

Has he got the speed to play wing?
Perhaps our next version of Hilly?
Has got the speed & will have the tank to play on the Wing, but probs not for a year or 2 (can't compare that part to Hill - he was a monster).

I reckon he likes the contest more than Hilly did, so a rebounding defender or wing role - for sure.

Like others have said - he's kinda raw & has to probs develop his mind as much as his body - but has some elite attributes so well worth the effort.

Has got the speed & will have the tank to play on the Wing, but probs not for a year or 2 (can't compare that part to Hill - he was a monster).

I reckon he likes the contest more than Hilly did, so a rebounding defender or wing role - for sure.

Like others have said - he's kinda raw & has to probs develop his mind as much as his body - but has some elite attributes so well worth the effort.

Cheers Brant
I actually think that the wing is where he will end up.
I agree on him being raw. He wasn't particularly clean in the two matches he played this year but he got a taste and will get better with age, maturity and more exposure. I am really looking forward to see him develop.

Needs to clean up his decision making, Great bursts, Good reader of the player just needs to make a few better decisions, Feel those two games were more to get him used to the speed and know what he needs to work on to make a career for himself.
Yeah - love how we develop our players. The “send back to ox Hill to develop your game” period is vital for players to embrace - See Sicily and, more recently, Mitchell Lewis who came back so much better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah - love how we develop our players. The “send back to ox Hill to develop your game” period is vital for players to embrace - See Sicily and, more recently, Mitchell Lewis who came back so much better.
Gunston and Breust both benefited from a stint in the two's after their debut. i think Gunners in particular went back and kicked multiple bags in consecutive weeks, including a bag of 7 or something like that before he was recalled

With Hendo out for 6 weeks, could that maybe open up a spot for CJ to get upgraded?
Possibly, but it shouldn’t need to.

it is so bloody dumb that this restriction to players on the list is in place when every club needs every player during this shitshow.

With Hendo out for 6 weeks, could that maybe open up a spot for CJ to get upgraded?
Is the lower limit 8 weeks?

Time for the AFL todrop this restriction in light of this year's circumstances.

Is the lower limit 8 weeks?

Time for the AFL todrop this restriction in light of this year's circumstances.
LTI got changed to minimum 6 weeks in 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back