Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers Philadelphia 76ers
I think Owies and Durdin might be competing for same spot at first.

Harry, Charlie and Jack as the taller forwards.
Jack Martin as the in between type. Honey and one of the others for the smaller forward roles.
Ideally McGovern can find some way to become a backman and have more impact.
I think there's potentially room for all three. Owies does more work on the lead and taking marks, whereas the other two do more work at the feet of the talls and are more dangerous at ground level. Honey has even been playing up the ground a bit more.

footyfan1978

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
I think there's potentially room for all three. Owies does more work on the lead and taking marks, whereas the other two do more work at the feet of the talls and are more dangerous at ground level. Honey has even been playing up the ground a bit more.
I'd have no issue if they played both Owies and Durdin but they will need to make it worth it.
Even back it the heady days of our famed mosquito fleet, guys like Catoggio and Marcou in the same team generally did not happen and were essentially competing for same spot.
I think Catoggio eventually got pushed out because with midfielders like Sheldon, Ashman and Jimmy Buckley going forward and kicking goals a second pure small forward was a luxury so Marcou played and Vinnie traded to boost the engine room.
Catoggio essentially ended up being traded to the Demons as part of getting Greg Wells, a pure mid to Carlton.

footyfan1978

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Eddie passes the baton onto Corey. Think Durdin has more upside than Owies, but in good position to develop both of them fully in off season and start of next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad