Senior 19. Corey Durdin

Remove this Banner Ad

A small sample in the highlights but, is he a one sided player? If he is to develop as a successful small forward, he must be able to work effectively and almost instinctively on both sides, hand and foot. That is one of the key elements as to what has made Eddie Betts so dangerous. I liked his speed.

This kid reminds me of Brent Harvey. I like what he brings to his game. Great selection.

Yes I thought that as he scampered forward . Go well Corey .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hear what you're saying but these days players being able to bend the ball away off their natural foot makes the need for dual-sidedness a little less of an imperative.

Now, that's an impressive highlight reel for someone who's not played forward their entire career. His height is mitigated by the power through the legs, too; he's not a skinny rake, not really. He's difficult to catch, and difficult to stop.

My only query is whether his acceleration/top speed is going to allow him to find that sort of space at AFL level.

Now that we've established that his height won't prevent him from being successful, can we please agree that henceforth he shall be referred to as Tyler, as someone previously suggested?

Arguably the coolest nickname we would have at the club.
The first rule of nicknames is, you don't talk about nicknames...

Great to an SA lad on the list Durdin is really skillful a great get at pick 37 and certainly gives us a decent prospect as a small forward..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A small sample in the highlights but, is he a one sided player? If he is to develop as a successful small forward, he must be able to work effectively and almost instinctively on both sides, hand and foot. That is one of the key elements as to what has made Eddie Betts so dangerous. I liked his speed.

From the highlights appears to kick on both sides.

Best of luck, Corey.

Reckon we should give him time. First thought was also Galucci, but the videos make him look like Robbie Gray. I'll take that, although I admit I was slightly concerned to see the outright delight on the Adelaide faces when they get Rowe with the very next pick.

Will be good to see him running around Princes Park in the twos next year. Jeez, I can't wait to get back to the footy!

Best of luck, Corey.

Reckon we should give him time. First thought was also Galucci, but the videos make him look like Robbie Gray. I'll take that, although I admit I was slightly concerned to see the outright delight on the Adelaide faces when they get Rowe with the very next pick.

Will be good to see him running around Princes Park in the twos next year. Jeez, I can't wait to get back to the footy!
Adelaide are dingii but.

Best of luck, Corey.

Young Reid was more happy drafting 5AA Steven Rowe's son than he was Thilthorpe and Pedlar and Cook lol.

Reid is deeply schooled in "Adelaide ol boy politics". He's just got a small forward type on his list....BUT he also shored up his OWN position.

We have plenty of midfielders developing now, therefore adding Durdin & Fogarty to go with Martin, Fisher, Gibbons & Honey as long term small forwards/mids is good list management. As long as we have picked well. If these 2 drafted/traded for this year and Honey develop to go with the other 3 over the next 2 years or so, we are in a bloody good spot for this type of player!!!

I reckon we are all gonna look back at this pick in a few years and go yep we nailed that small forward pick.

reminds me of Papley

I enjoyed his highlights package on the CFC website.

Kicked some nice opportunistic goals from ground ball gets and some nice snap finishes...something our forward line desperately needs.

What I liked is that I reckon half his kicks in that video were on his left and half on his right and he looked pretty comfortable on both sides...that's a really important trait for a small forward as it allows him to kick goals or set them up from every angle/position instead of being shut down if stuck on his non-preferred.

Moves like Brent Harvey. If he turns out half as good you would have to be happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back