Past George Hewett - free agent to Carlton, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

zQRnVjAT.jpg

George Hewett

George Hewett is regularly praised in the media by his teammates and coach John Longmire for his steadfast reliability. Regardless of whether the 2013 draftee is tasked with winning the footy or blanketing a ball magnet, he has the full trust of the Sydney Swans camp. Dustin Martin, Patrick Cripps and Shaun Higgins are just some of the gun midfielders Hewett has shut down in his unheralded career as a Swan. The South Australian carved out a career-best season in 2019 en route to finishing second in the Bob Skilton Medal voting, joining star duo Dane Rampe and Luke Parker on the podium.

George Hewett
DOB: 29 December 1995
DEBUT: 2016
DRAFT: #32, 2013 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Broughton-Mundoora (SA)/North Adelaide (SANFL)

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Now joins an illustrious group. ;)

Heeney. Mills. Jones. Hanners. Parker. Hewett.

That's our midfield for the next several years. I'm loving it. Georgie will be the ugly duckling though that will never get a mention

That Kennedy guy is fairly handy as well.

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Are there any ticket(s) available for finals/GF through our sponsorship of George? If so, will there be a draw for them?

Are there any ticket(s) available for finals/GF through our sponsorship of George? If so, will there be a draw for them?
We don't get free tickets (finals are a special case) but we get a guaranteed ticket to the grand final and other home finals. The main benefit of this is of course the GF access, and yes there will be a draw for anyone interested

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Aye, there is no way he would be dropped. Georgie is now an integral component of the team and would be very difficult to replace. He gets the hard ball, uses it better than most and can lock down dangerous oppo players. I expect he will be in the B&F top ten.

Besides, like Millsy last year, he has heroically carried the burden of the Board's sponsorship.

big_bazza

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2005
Tas
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
sydney swans
Hey BB, it is explained in the first post of this thread:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...rd-sponsors-of-george-hewett-in-2017.1151333/

Edit: Watch the board after the GF and a new thread for sponsorship 2018 will be posted by one of the mods. Alternately, you could let swansfan51 or RW know you are interested, and they will probably tag you at the time (maybe) ;)
Right on, cheers mate. I think 2018 should be the year of the infamous Lewis Melican. I sleep easy at night knowing this guy will hold down our defence for the next 12 years.

19399535_1915708742027156_4309862816784901626_n.jpg

Right on, cheers mate. I think 2018 should be the year of the infamous Lewis Melican. I sleep easy at night knowing this guy will hold down our defence for the next 12 years.

That's a ripper fb page (& I don't even have fb!!).

I also quite like "Tom Papleys Smother" :D

Bloody oath it is mate, theres a fair chance of the boys at the club made the page as a piss take i would have thought haha.

Is that a facebook page? ill have a geeze.
I think it might've been. I have twitter & can't find it now. Either it's a fb page or it's been deactivated... was basically an account called something like "TomPapleysSmother" and had videos of his smother & other funny bits & pieces... Can't find it now though sorry.

That meliCAN one's a beauty. Almost signed up for FB just so I could friend it haha.

Yeah, Melican's a good choice, so is Will Hayward or Ollie Florent... Zac Jones would be good, or Papley perhaps... with the Swans it's hard to make a bad choice!

But if you buy a share next year, then you will get a vote in who we put in to sponsor :);)

big_bazza

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2005
Tas
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
sydney swans
Yeah, Melican's a good choice, so is Will Hayward or Ollie Florent... Zac Jones would be good, or Papley perhaps... with the Swans it's hard to make a bad choice!

But if you buy a share next year, then you will get a vote in who we put in to sponsor :);)
How much is a share mate?, i live in tas so wont make it any of the functions or games unless i fly up for a game which i might well do.

How much is a share mate?, i live in tas so wont make it any of the functions or games unless i fly up for a game which i might well do.
In 2017 they were $25, so I'm expecting something similar in 2018.

I'm a platinum member with premiership club anyway, so I don't worry about the tickets, but I wouldn't mind attending one of the functions... Anyway, think about, I reckon it's pretty cool and worth the money

big_bazza

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2005
Tas
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
sydney swans
In 2017 they were $25, so I'm expecting something similar in 2018.

I'm a platinum member with premiership club anyway, so I don't worry about the tickets, but I wouldn't mind attending one of the functions... Anyway, think about, I reckon it's pretty cool and worth the money
Just realised how much of a condradiction my above post was, but im sure you guys know what i meant :drunk: Yeah excellent ill jump on board next year for sure and i do win the ticket ill just give it to someone else on here, unless it happens to fall on the week ill hopefully be in sydney for a footy trip over to the big smoke.

One thing i couldnt work out about the whole sponsorship thing and the club saying you get to sponsor a player is, is it because we are a swans board on a big forum we get to sponsor a player just for a bit of pr between the club and fans or does each redback member get to 'sponsor' a player? by each i mean obviously its capped to however many players are on our list so how does that work, just first in best dressed or ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back