Past George Hewett - free agent to Carlton, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

zQRnVjAT.jpg

George Hewett

George Hewett is regularly praised in the media by his teammates and coach John Longmire for his steadfast reliability. Regardless of whether the 2013 draftee is tasked with winning the footy or blanketing a ball magnet, he has the full trust of the Sydney Swans camp. Dustin Martin, Patrick Cripps and Shaun Higgins are just some of the gun midfielders Hewett has shut down in his unheralded career as a Swan. The South Australian carved out a career-best season in 2019 en route to finishing second in the Bob Skilton Medal voting, joining star duo Dane Rampe and Luke Parker on the podium.

George Hewett
DOB: 29 December 1995
DEBUT: 2016
DRAFT: #32, 2013 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Broughton-Mundoora (SA)/North Adelaide (SANFL)

Just realised how much of a condradiction my above post was, but im sure you guys know what i meant :drunk: Yeah excellent ill jump on board next year for sure and i do win the ticket ill just give it to someone else on here, unless it happens to fall on the week ill hopefully be in sydney for a footy trip over to the big smoke.

One thing i couldnt work out about the whole sponsorship thing and the club saying you get to sponsor a player is, is it because we are a swans board on a big forum we get to sponsor a player just for a bit of pr between the club and fans or does each redback member get to 'sponsor' a player? by each i mean obviously its capped to however many players are on our list so how does that work, just first in best dressed or ?

BB I think it has multiple purposes, a bit of corporate PR, a bit of fan interaction, and a bit of assistance to the young players on low contracts... Particular memberships (the very expensive ones) include a sponsorship option. I have a Platinum 11 which was $555 this season, and a Premiership Club which was an add on for about $125 iirc. The membership we buy has all these benefits but includes a sponsorship deal. I couldn't see it on the Swans site, but swansfan51 and/or RW will know what it is as they run it for us!

swansfan51 and/or RW, a bit out of my depth here! Help please...

Just realised how much of a condradiction my above post was, but im sure you guys know what i meant :drunk: Yeah excellent ill jump on board next year for sure and i do win the ticket ill just give it to someone else on here, unless it happens to fall on the week ill hopefully be in sydney for a footy trip over to the big smoke.

One thing i couldnt work out about the whole sponsorship thing and the club saying you get to sponsor a player is, is it because we are a swans board on a big forum we get to sponsor a player just for a bit of pr between the club and fans or does each redback member get to 'sponsor' a player? by each i mean obviously its capped to however many players are on our list so how does that work, just first in best dressed or ?
A lot of players have multiple sponsors- Mills had three sponsors including the Swans Bigfooty board in 2016. From what I could make out, the club allocates sponsors to players and tries to spread them fairly evenly, the Bigfooty board being able to request a player seems to be a special case.

Apr 19, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
A lot of players have multiple sponsors- Mills had three sponsors including the Swans Bigfooty board in 2016. From what I could make out, the club allocates sponsors to players and tries to spread them fairly evenly, the Bigfooty board being able to request a player seems to be a special case.
Not really. The board puts requests through for players and they get what the club can give them. There's preferences you give the club when getting the membership and ultimately you could have to decide between 2 or 3 available players. Everyone requests the popular ones, like Kennedy, Franklin, Rampe, Tippett etc.

big_bazza

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2005
Tas
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
sydney swans
BB I think it has multiple purposes, a bit of corporate PR, a bit of fan interaction, and a bit of assistance to the young players on low contracts... Particular memberships (the very expensive ones) include a sponsorship option. I have a Platinum 11 which was $555 this season, and a Premiership Club which was an add on for about $125 iirc. The membership we buy has all these benefits but includes a sponsorship deal. I couldn't see it on the Swans site, but swansfan51 and/or RW will know what it is as they run it for us!

swansfan51 and/or RW, a bit out of my depth here! Help please...
Ahh i see, i think haha, So what does the player get out of being sponsored ?

Ahh i see, i think haha, So what does the player get out of being sponsored ?
No idea... I previously thought that the only the younger players on low contracts were sponsored but other posters seem to think the whole team is sponsored. o_O I thought it helped with general living expenses, that kind of crap for the guys on low $ contracts... Perhaps ask the mods, as I clearly have no real idea :D

McEvoy

Alpaca My Bags
Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor SFA Fight For MND SFA Bushfire Appeal SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser drazah memorial Beyond Blue donor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Sep 26, 2016
A good paddock
AFL Club
Sydney
Well done George.

From the bits of play I saw while at work it looked like he had a decent crack.

McEvoy

Alpaca My Bags
Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor SFA Fight For MND SFA Bushfire Appeal SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser drazah memorial Beyond Blue donor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Sep 26, 2016
A good paddock
AFL Club
Sydney
Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Hewett has already become one of my favourite handful of Swans. He's no star and he hasn't got an outrageously high ceiling, but he's a contributor every week and does so without any fuss or grandiosity, and appears to have a really good head on his shoulders. Doesn't get overwhelmed, just plays what he sees.

Really good season, solid chance for a top 10 finish in the Skilton imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh well... got to bed at 5.00 am... even the skinful of Jamesons did not help sleep.

Made the error of reading every post in the Autopsy thread before coming here. I should have started here. George like Snake Lloyd is unassuming and always puts in.

Last night was not his best but he was one of our few effective players.

He will be one of the first players selected in our 2018 teams.

2 from 2 for breakout seasons from our sponsored players.

Hayward next year pls.

They ever send us a pic of his locker with bigfooty swans on it

Great year for hewett like the way he goes about it

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Great season for the kid. So unassuming and 5th in the b & f is a phenomenal effort.

As he gets more experience his excellent kicking skills off both feet will become more evident.

Been a big fan of this kid just from the highlights i saw from prior to him being drafted. Was so happy we picked him up.

Will slowly take over from Kennedy as he adds to his frame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back