AFL Player #29: Jake "Bull" Kelly 🐂

Remove this Banner Ad

A body doesn't look like that just by hitting the gym. That is just very low body fat.

Meet Jarrell "Big Baby" Miller. He's been done for all sorts of roids and EPO and had a few 2-year bans from boxing.

miller-cardenas-0725.jpg
Bring him in?

Is it just me, or did Bull seem to feature quite a bit in the highlights video from Saturday's match sim?

He might be in the "more likely" group come R1.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Is it just me, or did Bull seem to feature quite a bit in the highlights video from Saturday's match sim?

He might be in the "more likely" group come R1.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
He has been one of the better performers for the last 4 weeks. He would be right in the mix .

Hamstring injury, eyeing off a return in the early weeks of the H&A season New
Sitting out of the practice match tomorrow but eyeing off a return in the early weeks of the home-and-away season.

Which probably means that the hamstring injury is going to prevent him lining up in Round 1.

Wouldn’t mind seeing him work his way back from injury through the VFL - give him a chance to see how he goes on a wing

Quite an interesting interview, they asked him about the professional lifestyles and stuff, which he says is largely overblown. Getting McKay and needing a big body down there. About our prospects and the game on the weekend, how Scott approaches reviewing those games. Perkins as one that has kinda established the professional lifestyle and the performance comes from that. Seems quite open and honest.

I just don't see why he gets picked. Gives effort but still gets beaten a lot, his stopping ability is more when he is kicked the bull, will hold it up and find a nothing sideways kick after 10 seconds. I just don't rate him, good depth but for where we are at and what he brings, would prefer trialing others. Jake Kelly epitimoses the list build and how we always have gaps under Dodo.

Played well against the dogs. Still don't rate him highly but with heppel, Cox and Martin all spending time in defence at the moment.

A dour defender such as Kelly is critical for the current team. See why he gets picked without ridley, Reid to sure up the defensive side of the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played well against the dogs. Still don't rate him highly but with heppel, Cox and Martin all spending time in defence at the moment.

A dour defender such as Kelly is critical for the current team. See why he gets picked without ridley, Reid to sure up the defensive side of the team.

Right now, just my own opinion, I'd keep him in if Ridley and Reid come back. I'd take Kelly over Lav & Heppell.

Love how Kelly goes about it.
Has the mystical Essendon Edge.

I think the push and shove in the 3rd (8 min to go) started because McHenry flicked Jake’s balls from behind. Think towel whip but with a hand. That’s what set Kelly off.

In the replay, there’s a head that gets in the way just as contact looks to happen… looks more likely than less to me.

You see after it breaks up, Kelly squats and is grimacing.

I think the push and shove in the 3rd (8 min to go) started because McHenry flicked Jake’s balls from behind. Think towel whip but with a hand. That’s what set Kelly off.

In the replay, there’s a head that gets in the way just as contact looks to happen… looks more likely than less to me.
Where's the footage?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back