#29 Jayden Hunt - joins WCE as a free agent, pick 52 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

He came less mediocre?
I'd say he averaged a career-low in disposals (besides when he played played five games in the covid-ball season), so we just noticed him sucking less?

I'd say he averaged a career-low in disposals (besides when he played played five games in the covid-ball season), so we just noticed him sucking less?
It’s a simplistic measure, but you take clangers less frees against and divide by disposals to get a feel for disposal quality.

Remarkably consistent, but those numbers are on the poor end for someone who is a half back flanker and often disposing under minimal pressure.

2022 13.5% 200 disposals in 20 games
2021 10.2% 274 disposals in 20 games
2020 11.4% 35 disposals in 6 games
2019 10.3% 252 disposals in 21 games
2018 12.7% 71 disposals in 6 games
2017 13.9% 396 disposals in 22 games
2016 10.5% 296 disposals in 19 games

It’s a simplistic measure, but you take clangers less frees against and divide by disposals to get a feel for disposal quality.

Remarkably consistent, but those numbers are on the poor end for someone who is a half back flanker and often disposing under minimal pressure.

2022 13.5% 200 disposals in 20 games
2021 10.2% 274 disposals in 20 games
2020 11.4% 35 disposals in 6 games
2019 10.3% 252 disposals in 21 games
2018 12.7% 71 disposals in 6 games
2017 13.9% 396 disposals in 22 games
2016 10.5% 296 disposals in 19 games
Almost all his disposals are under pressure, because he keeps running until he puts himself under pressure..

I would have liked something in the 40s, but I wish him well. Has clearly had to juggle salary, job security and likelihood of playing against living in his home city and trying to keep a spot in a team that's in the window. I've always been a bit of an apologist for him as I thought he came across as a good bloke, had a genuine point of difference with his speed, could be a good kick on his day and actually had decnt forward craft in that he knew which corridors to lead into.

Will always have a soft spot for him and hope all of his children are guns who we can get under FS rule.

Probably about market value for Hunt if Free Agency didn't exist, so pretty happy with it
If it was Melbourne circa 2019 the compensation pick would’ve been high 30s. It’s only in the 50s because Melbourne finished quite high plus the other earlier priority and compensation picks.

I would have liked something in the 40s, but I wish him well. Has clearly had to juggle salary, job security and likelihood of playing against living in his home city and trying to keep a spot in a team that's in the window. I've always been a bit of an apologist for him as I thought he came across as a good bloke, had a genuine point of difference with his speed, could be a good kick on his day and actually had decnt forward craft in that he knew which corridors to lead into.

Will always have a soft spot for him and hope all of his children are guns who we can get under FS rule.
Was never a good kick on his day.

I liked his kicking style. Always kicked through the ball properly as you're taught as a kid. From memory when he played up forward his goal kicking accuracy was pretty good too (if somebody checks the stats and I'm wrong, it is what it is). Definitely capable of a clanger, but the gamplean requirement for him to dump kick doesn't make him a bad kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jayden Hunt being a good kick is looney bin stuff. Genuine ball butcher most of his career

Didnt realise we have a such low standard for field kicks watching this team that we deem Hunt a good kick cause he can hit a 10m chip pass to an open man.

Didnt realise we have a such low standard for field kicks watching this team that we deem Hunt a good kick cause he can hit a 10m chip pass to an open man.
That particular elusive skill has Spargo as one of the best kicks in the team!

That particular elusive skill has Spargo as one of the best kicks in the team!

Their is a significant difference between Spargo kicks and Hunt 10m kicks. Spargo goes for far harder 10m passes and weights his kicks to his teammates advantage, Hunt doinks pointless ones to a flat footed teammate.

Their is a significant difference between Spargo kicks and Hunt 10m kicks. Spargo goes for far harder 10m passes and weights his kicks to his teammates advantage, Hunt doinks pointless ones to a flat footed teammate.
I like how you two are so keen for an argument you've decided I'm on team Hunt when I said he can't kick while running while pointing out that running was his whole thing.

I like how you two are so keen for an argument you've decided I'm on team Hunt when I said he can't kick while running while pointing out that running was his whole thing.

I didnt say that? I laughed at your initial comment coz I thought it was funny and true about him not having a clue how to kick once he gets into a trot, like he cant do two things at once. Not because I thought it was wrong and stupid.

My initial comment was directed at PJ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back