#29 Jayden Hunt - joins WCE as a free agent, pick 52 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

But kick-in? Like throw ins in football, I feel there are certain bread crumbs in the name...
I agree there is a strong clue in KICK in - but the phrase is so familiar I'd never before reflected on its meaning. Like hit out for example - can Max do a handstand and tap with his foot? No idea. And underarm bowling for that matter- until Greg and Trev put it to the test I thought bowling was specific to a particular over arm action.

I'm probably putting too much work into this argument. On balance it does seem a bit goofy for Hunt to try a kick with a couple of hands so... the defence rests

I agree there is a strong clue in KICK in - but the phrase is so familiar I'd never before reflected on its meaning. Like hit out for example - can Max do a handstand and tap with his foot? No idea. And underarm bowling for that matter- until Greg and Trev put it to the test I thought bowling was specific to a particular over arm action.

I'm probably putting too much work into this argument. On balance it does seem a bit goofy for Hunt to try a kick with a couple of hands so... the defence rests

More than that though, when guys kick it to themselves and run off, it'd be easier to just handball it.

Re: Trev's underarm bowling, it was legal at the time and kicked out shortly thereafter. If the ball bounces more than twice, it's a no ball. Underarm bowling is illegal (unless agreed to before the match... which I didn't know).

If you want to have a fun discussion on trying to learn the rules, watch a rugby union scrum or breakdown. I played for years and still struggled to work out how the ref would ping one thing that could equally go the other way (ie collapsing the scrum).

If you want to have a fun discussion on trying to learn the rules, watch a rugby union scrum or breakdown. I played for years and still struggled to work out how the ref would ping one thing that could equally go the other way (ie collapsing the scrum).

Exactly the reason I gave up trying to enjoy that sport. They blow the whistle so often and I have no idea why.

Exactly the reason I gave up trying to enjoy that sport. They blow the whistle so often and I have no idea why.

That's netball for mine. Pretty sure the game is intended to be 14 people running around so someone can blow their whistle as often as possible.

Glad the calls for him to be dropped by some leading into this weekend were not shared by the club. He looked good yesterday.

Has so much going for him - even when he has been quiet I've been impressed by his effort to negate his man and help out his teammates.

I do think one of him or Wagner needs to make way, we're too inexperienced down back.

But it should be Wagner.

I'll be honest didn't think he was going to make it, but it is amazing what can happen when you get good depth and the team plays as a team it can bring the best out of anyone. He has proved me wrong I see a lot of potential when he is playing well I wish him all the best for the future hope he can be a part of something special we are building. :)

Good. Has shown he can play in his first 4 games. As he gets more confident in his ability, I can see him being an absolute jet and a pillar of a top 4 team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re Watched the second half against the GC and I reckon I was a little harsh on his game
He certainly only bombed away when he was forward of centre which actually looked like an instruction to try lock it in our forward half
Was actually very composed in the back half and took the game on... been burned by too many players like him in the past but he is certainly promising

I've seen Tmac and Lumumba get around people, but with Hunt i have complete faith and confidence in it. Anybody else and i panic but when Hunt does it, it just seems like 'sit back and relax hunt's taking off again'

I've seen Tmac and Lumumba get around people, but with Hunt i have complete faith and confidence in it. Anybody else and i panic but when Hunt does it, it just seems like 'sit back and relax hunt's taking off again'

In Lumumbas defence, he rarely gets caught. He just wastes the ball sometimes (Although he has been better this year than last).

Hunts pace could be a real weapon, like The Professor said though he needs to work on his kicking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back