Retired #29: Patrick Ambrose - Officially retired - 11/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Another solid game. Showed he could intercept as well.

Redman is 187/87 and Gleeson is 191/86, according to the club who may well be telling fibs.

It’s a tough one if Danger plays forward that’s where you want your Strongest/Quickest player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd play him on Ratugolea who is a challenging matchup since he is a bit bigger than Ambrose but Ambrose has really found some form of late so I'd back him in. I reckon Redman will do a decent job on Rohan. Redman I think is better in a wrestling contest than Gleeson and anyway no point over-reacting to one bit of play its not like Rohan is a contested beast (he's respectable but nothing that a solid mid sized player can't handle), he gets a lot of his goals through his pace and Redman having played on Stephenson seems a good choice.

That leaves Hooker to play on Hawkins and Hurley to take Danger when he rests forward, otherwise just generally working to organise the defense.

Sav is zero threat, doesn't need a stopper on him. Would rather bring in Francis and really try to dominate the air down back.
Honestly right now we may have to play him forward. How can we have a squad where 38 or 39 out of 45 are fit and healthy, and literally only have two key forwards available? Talk about luck...

Honestly right now we may have to play him forward. How can we have a squad where 38 or 39 out of 45 are fit and healthy, and literally only have two key forwards available? Talk about luck...
Could do actually. Geelong have an extremely tall defence so we probably need to go in with three big boys up forward.

I'd play him on Ratugolea who is a challenging matchup since he is a bit bigger than Ambrose but Ambrose has really found some form of late so I'd back him in. I reckon Redman will do a decent job on Rohan. Redman I think is better in a wrestling contest than Gleeson and anyway no point over-reacting to one bit of play its not like Rohan is a contested beast (he's respectable but nothing that a solid mid sized player can't handle), he gets a lot of his goals through his pace and Redman having played on Stephenson seems a good choice.

That leaves Hooker to play on Hawkins and Hurley to take Danger when he rests forward, otherwise just generally working to organise the defense.

Agree with this.

Rohan's speed is going to present more of a problem for Ridley than the additional cm or two that Rohan has on Redman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back