Retired #29: Patrick Ambrose - Officially retired - 11/8

Remove this Banner Ad

29 - [PLAYERCARD]Patrick Ambrose[/PLAYERCARD].jpg

Contract Status: Retired. 11/8
Last Game Played: Elimination Final 2019 (injured)

Injury Status: Injured, stayed in Vic with a young baby - 18/7
Sore, finished the VFL game on the bench - 29/6

Last edited by a moderator:
Has won 92% of one-on-one contents so far this year.

Impressive
He's lost 8%. Doesn't necessarily mean he's won the rest. There are balls that neither player wins.

He's lost 8%. Doesn't necessarily mean he's won the rest. There are balls that neither player wins.
Let me praise him Eth, jesus

astrowizzle

Premiership Player
Jul 3, 2007
Nerrigundah
AFL Club
Essendon
I will stick my hand up and say I wanted Hartley in before him. He's been unreal. I always liked his aggression but his ball usage wasnt great. Just become a complete footballer. Thumbs up

Liberator

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I think that he has become worse at the pure destruction of marking contests this year - just from what I've seen.
Flipside is that he is marking it more...
Liked how he was sent down to the Forward-line last week at some stages. Looked okay. Don't buy the whole 'was s**t as a FWD at one point 5 years ago, therefore will be s**t evermore' reasoning, though I'd agree that the backline should suit his strengths more...

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Does everything Essendon fans cry out for, yet a handful of fans wanted him out because he turns it over once or twice a game. Insanity.

The average AFL player already has super human fitness, and Ambrose has at least x 2 that. Turns 28 at the end of the season, and barring injury, I see no reason why he can't be on an AFL for another 4 years at the very least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
Does everything Essendon fans cry out for, yet a handful of fans wanted him out because he turns it over once or twice a game. Insanity.

The average AFL player already has super human fitness, and Ambrose has at least x 2 that. Turns 28 at the end of the season, and barring injury, I see no reason why he can't be on an AFL for another 4 years at the very least.
Turns it over once or twice and doesn't play any part in moving it forward the rest of the time. We are pretty much a 17 man side with the ball in hand when he is out there. If he isn't taking the best oppo key forward out of the game he shouldn't be picked.

Jun 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

He's pretty much the least Essington player we have. He works hard defensively, hasn't stagnated as a senior player, shows aggression and is reliable each week.

He seems like a fitness freak so I don't think he will be slowing down in when he hits thirty.

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Turns it over once or twice and doesn't play any part in moving it forward the rest of the time. We are pretty much a 17 man side with the ball in hand when he is out there. If he isn't taking the best oppo key forward out of the game he shouldn't be picked.

You're talking as if we have 17 options every time we have the ball in hand. Maybe actually try and watch what he is doing when we have the ball in our hands. 1 of literally maybe 2 or 3 players who are actually concerned with their opponent when we have the ball.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus

How do you manage to read the game so badly?

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
How do you manage to read the game so badly?
How do you manage to read the forum so badly? Kakkle points out the exact same as what I've said. When we have the footy Ambrose follows his opponent.

That's fine to me if he is playing on a dangerous player who needs shutting out of the game. When he is playing on the 2nd or 3rd tall it isn't. And when he is thrown forward because of a lack of matchup his selection is even worse.

How do you manage to read the forum so badly? Kakkle points out the exact same as what I've said. When we have the footy Ambrose follows his opponent.

That's fine to me if he is playing on a dangerous player who needs shutting out of the game. When he is playing on the 2nd or 3rd tall it isn't. And when he is thrown forward because of a lack of matchup his selection is even worse.

Ambrose allows Hurley and Hooker more freedom depending on the match up. His marking this season been excellent and he’s shut down good players. Plus he does at times run off his opponent when we have the ball down back.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus

Are you telling me you and kakkle are in agreement?

DapperJong

Cancelled
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
No, I am telling you that we see the same thing (reading the game) with Ambrose and have differing opinions on whether it is a good or a bad thing.

Ok so back on track, how are you so bad at reading the game?

Keeps winning me over and decision making has improved this year aswell

Even more impressive given he takes the #1 tall forward most weeks.

Back