Retired #29: Patrick Ambrose - Officially retired - 11/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Tex had his measure early on, but he fought back well to halve the contest after that. It'll be interesting to see if he plays on Wright or a smaller forward this week, as 2MP is typically the type of key forward he struggles to match up well on.

Given Martin's game against the Lions I'd give Ambrose first crack at him

Thought Tex had his measure early on, but he fought back well to halve the contest after that. It'll be interesting to see if he plays on Wright or a smaller forward this week, as 2MP is typically the type of key forward he struggles to match up well on.

Given Martin's game against the Lions I'd give Ambrose first crack at him
Jack Martin is too agile for Ambrose.
Gleeson would get that match up.

Fair effort to win the TT!
Would be an unlikely choice if you had to predict who from the 40 on the list would clock up the best time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Would be an unlikely choice if you had to predict who from the 40 on the list would clock up the best time.

Only if you didn't know him...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wins it every year. I'd hardly put the reigning champion in the unlikely winner category.

He wins it every year. I'd hardly put the reigning champion in the unlikely winner category.

Most surprising unsurprising result ever. Even when Stanton was on the list Ambrose was still winning the 2km time trials. Though from memory Stanton was able to edge him out over the 3km distance.

Ambrose will be good depth for the next few years. Great player to be able to bring in and plug in to fill gaps.
If Francis is ready rd1, i can see us playing him as the third tall behind Hurley and one of Hartley or Ambrose.
I think match ups will be key.

Hartley has the height and, when he is left to go for it, spoiling game against tall, monster FF's.
He is also one of the best kicks in the side and the player i prefer taking our kick outs.

Ambrose has the engine, athleticism and power to take on the hybrid CHF types. Bont, Curnow, Lynch (Ade), etc.
It may mean we drop a midfielder from the side, Ambrose slides into the Goddard/7th defender role and we play all 4 of Hurley, Hartley, Francis and Ambrose.

If Francis is ready rd1, i can see us playing him as the third tall behind Hurley and one of Hartley or Ambrose.
I think match ups will be key.

Hartley has the height and, when he is left to go for it, spoiling game against tall, monster FF's.
He is also one of the best kicks in the side and the player i prefer taking our kick outs.

Ambrose has the engine, athleticism and power to take on the hybrid CHF types. Bont, Curnow, Lynch (Ade), etc.
It may mean we drop a midfielder from the side, Ambrose slides into the Goddard/7th defender role and we play all 4 of Hurley, Hartley, Francis and Ambrose.

Maybe, There is not alot of pace with that lineup though. Small sides like Richmond would cut us to pieces.

I still think Ambrose is depth on a good team however. Not a mainstay.

Maybe, There is not alot of pace with that lineup though. Small sides like Richmond would cut us to pieces.

I still think Ambrose is depth on a good team however. Not a mainstay.
You can think that, but the Harltey V Ambrose race is running about even right now. Ambrose was ahead early last season, now Hartley is ahead. Has to be noted that Hartley got ahead on the back of Ambrose being injured whereas Hartley was fully fit when Ambrose was ahead of him earlier. Thats the way i remember it at any rate... Am i wrong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back